Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: External Subtitles not working (Gotham Nightly)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone,

Since the gotham builds of late january, I have been experience a weird issue where external subtitles would not show up (not automatically using the preferred subtitle language and prefer external subtitles option enabled, but also not when selecting "enable subtitles" in the audio settings during video playback). Subtitles that have been downloaded from subtitle providers like opensubtitles.org also don't work.

My subtitles are stored in the same folder as the video file in this name format: <episodename>.nl.srt (e.g. s8e19.nl.srt). XBMC does recognize nl as a language code and correctly displays that there is an external Dutch subtitle available. But when I play the video, it does not enable the subtitle automatically (although its preferred language) and when I enable it manually, it also doesn't show up.

Internal subtitles do always work.

This occurs with srt and sub files (do not use other subtitle formats). The video and subtitle files are located on my NFS share.

I use the latest XBMC Gotham nightly build (3/02/2014) on an Intel NUC (DC3217BY) with XBMCbuntu. NUC is connected to home network through wifi card (802.11n), NFS share is connected with ethernet cable to router.

Debug log on pastebin: http://pastebin.com/dpsdb8n4 (when trying to enable dutch subtitles on Episode 11 of House of Cards located on my NFS share. These subtitles do display when playing the file on 12.3 Frodo and in VLC)
Same problem on OpenELEC with XBMCTorrent together with external subtitles (opensubtitles.org et al).
Same problem on Windows with Gotham Beta 1 - internal subtitles are fine, external (.srt) subtitles are not displayed
hmm,
i use Gotham Beta 1 and my subs for TV shows are external and they play without any isue with the subs
Same problem here with windows