Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Changing the "skip 30sec forward"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all,

I'm using XBMC on my Ouya, and I watch a lot of basketball games. In order to skip through the breaks I use the "skip forward" button a lot.

Only thing is, I'd like to change it from 30 seconds to 5 seconds, as 30 is too long and inflexible.

I've found out that on a desktop XBMC you should make a file named "advancedsettings.xml" that looks like this:

<advancedsettings>
<video>
<timeseekforward>5</timeseekforward> <!-- Time to seek forward in sec - short seek. Defaults to 30. -->
<timeseekbackward>-5</timeseekbackward> <!-- Time to seek backward in sec - short seek. Defaults to -30. -->
<timeseekforwardbig>600</timeseekforwardbig> <!-- Time seek forward in sec- long seek. Def 600 (10 min). -->
<timeseekbackwardbig>-600</timeseekbackwardbig> <!-- Time seek back in sec - long seek. Def to -600 (10 min). -->
</video>
</advancedsettings>

So far, so good, I made it on my PC, put it on a USB Drive, and now I have to copy it to the right folder on the OUYA.

Here is the problem: I tried many many folders, but it doesn't work anywhere... I would really appreciate help on this!

Thanks in advance,
From the Ouya store?
/sdcard/Android/data/tv.ouya.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata

Otherwise, see http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Userdata
Worked like a charm, thanks a bunch!