Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC freezes on resume from sleep
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Using 12.3. I have my Windows XBMC server sleep after 30 mins (never hibernate). About 80% of the time when I go to wake it up the next day I can move the menu around but as soon as I try to do something such as exit out to the main menu, select something, etc. it just locks up. Windows still works during this, but I have to kill XBMC and start it again.

This has been happening for a long time. Well before 12.3.

I have my media stored on a linux NAS, but I don't think that's the issue. All of the XBMC config/script files are stored locally on my SSD.

any thoughts? My wife is ready to throw it in the trash.

Thanks!

Forgot to mention I am using the Confluence skin still
I suggest you use this app that I wrote to handle suspend and resume with XBMC:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...risenshine

I had a lot of issues with suspend and resume, so I wrote this app and now I NEVER have any issues. By using this you are guaranteed that the XBMC process will always be killed when the HTPC goes to sleep and you will always get a 100% fresh XBMC session when the HTPC wakes up.

A lot of people use my app now and they all report that it has completely resolved their Suspend / Resume frustrations.

What I do is set XBMC to quit to desktop after 10 minutes of inactivity (NOT to put the HTPC to sleep), then I configure Windows to put the PC to sleep using the standard power management, after 15 minutes. That way XBMC gracefully quits to desktop after 10 minutes and 5 minutes later the PC goes to sleep.

When the PC wakes up, my app automatically launches XBMC for you.

And if, for some reason, XBMC does not gracefully quit when it should have, my app will forcibly kill the XBMC process when the PC goes to sleep.
Sounds just like what I need! Thanks, I will let you know how it goes.