Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Make Roku channel for XBMC on Ouya & stream android apps to Roku (ABC, NBC, CBS)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am not sure if I am still on topic with my input.

I write a blog about home media networks and lately have been working solutions for itnernational streaming tv options (in addition to ABC, CBS, NBC android apps) with Roku, Plex, Playon and casting apps like Twonky Beam. Twonky and other apps only send website based content rather than app based content.

I have found that any PC based approach hits the geolocking problem unless you use a VPN, which further complicates home network setup and wireless apps.

Roku, Plex or Playon do not offer a way around this problem. However, I recently found a few Android apps that let me watch streaming French TV (Tele 7, Tele-Loisirs, French TV and others like ABC, CBS, NBC).

The casting or beaming apps cannot beam or cast from another android app like the ones I mentioned above.

I see the Ouya platform as a possible working solution to getting international TV streaming.

Unfortunately for now. I need to use another of my TV's HDMI ports since there is no Ouya app/channel for Roku, Plex or Playon.

My home lab uses the Roku as the prefered human interface because it is the easiest to convert to when you dump cable.

I could use your help and any ideas to complete my goal of dumping cable.