Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to navigate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dumb question but I just installed XBMC onto my Nexus 10, and was expecting to see some sort of buttons on screen for clicking through movies with. If I click on a movie name to see the poster, it auto starts the file. On my TV I just click up/down and go through file by file until something catches my eye, but I have no remote or keyboard for my nexus.

Is there a way to simply tap my finger/stylus on the screen to go through videos one by one that I missed?
not that I know of. You can instead swipe your finger across the screen to browse Movies. this doesn't work in all skins, but at least the default Confluence works.
I guess also depends on the view... I have mine as a LIST using that skin. I can scroll down, but being such a long list it kinda jumps down in chunks... would be really handy if there was an up/down button somewhere. Will try other skins but, would have been nice to have kept this skin/layout to match the other two HTPC's in the house.
Touch support is very skin-dependent, a bit like mouse support. Confluence and the touched skins work well.
Some skins have "active" scrollbars, which helps a lot with long lists.
I'm using "Droid" for the moment which is quite nice.
Try the 're-touched' skin. It's designed for touch screens. I installed it on the Nexus 7 I got my son for Christmas and it works very well. Also it is easy to change the views to get the posters displayed for your movies etc.