Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: NFO files reference mapped network drives
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not sure if there's a way to do this, but thought I'd ask. I have lots of movies that use NFO files for their data. The problem is that I just switched to a Mac and it doesn't understand:

<thumb>x:\Movie_Thumb.jpg</thumb>
<fanart>x:\Movie_Wallpaper.jpg</fanart>

It makes sense that it wouldn't since there is no mapped x drive as there was on my previous windows pc, so what I'm asking is whether there is a way to emulate an "X" drive on the Mac or in XBMC that would allow the scrapper to find the related images? I can go through and manually assign them of course, but that would be a pain if I ever had to rebuild the db or such.

Thanks
Path subs (wiki) might work for that. Create a <from> with the x:\ path, then a <to> for the network address.
thanks, will try
Well, that didn't seem to work. But as I think of it, is there a way just to put the smb path into the nfo file, like: <thumb>smb://192.168.0.240/movie_Thumb.jpg</thumb>

I tried it like that and it didn't work, but maybe I just have the syntax wrong?
OK, this is for anyone who has this problem and looks at this post. It turns out the <thumb>smb:\\server\share\file.ext</thumb> actually works perfectly within the nfo files. That is, of course, presuming you set the path correctly.