Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: geforce
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ok i just put ubuntu on my pc with xbmc. i have a ati card and can't have xbmc on my second screen like in windows. if i get a geforce card will that fix it?
no body knows?
You need to use fernetmentas builds for this, add the ppa and install xbmc from there

https://launchpad.net/~wsnipex/+archive/...nta-master

Then in xbmc settings Settings/System (wiki) Option Display mode? you should be able to select which screen you want to use easily.

For future reference Wink get a better thread tittle other than geforce or similar non descriptive title, since that doesn't really give anyone an idea what you looking for at first glance.
Ubuntu 12.04,XBMC 12.3,ATI/AMD proprietary FGLRX graphics driver.
Screen display-Mirror Displays.
That works for me though lately XBMC's GUI has been a bit laggy though I havn't looked into that too much and its a minor trade off.
Considering that the most important information is what ATI card it is.

But Nvidia card makes no difference for this (easier to setup and less drivers issues)

However UI lagging has nothing to do which screen xbmc is on.

TBH you should read Forum_rules#ADVICE:_How_do_I_ask_a_question_in_a_smart_way.3F (wiki)
Your quite correct,the lag had nothing to do with which screen XBMC was on, that point I didn't mention.The lag was down to upgrading to an experimental driver so now that issue is resolved.
Though I must point out to you Uni. that often your posts,though helpful,come across as snotty and arrogant.
Yes, thank you for that Big Grin

I must point out, ppl come here wanting help from ppl like me, for free, and often make as little effort as possible when asking or describing stuff, I tried very hard to provide you with better information/help, while you provided very little or none of the information anyone would need to help you properly.

You got the "hump" for that last link I posted not for anything else Big Grin clearly my message was driven home and in future remember to be more helpful when needing help.
I didn't need help I was offering advice.
Yes, take your own advice,,, be well and hope you find what you are looking for.

Regards Smile
why the attitude?
I offered advice to a question,you gave a snotty reply then twisted the post as if I was asking for help then threw in the sarcasm.
You are are a twat
Admins dont bother to to ban me for that responce.Im off due to that clown,as always he has to go for the rub up.