Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: NUC first boot with mini display to HDMI
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there

Just put my D54250WYK together yesterday, and I´m trying to set it up, but I haven´t got a PC-monitor available so I have to use my TV. I´ve plugged in a mini display port to HDMI adapter and used a regular HDMI cable from adapter to TV.

The thing is I don´t get a signal to the TV, and the install is frankly a bit difficult to do without a screen. Is it simply not possible to setup with this configuration or do I have a faulty box?

Troubleshooting done:
- The TV does get a signal when I use a different source.
- The NUC is on

Kind regards!
Get lcd monitor with hdmi input and that supports also 1024x768 resolution. It will make your life easyer for the setup time.
I used a MiniDP-HDMI cable to install my D34010WYK and it was properly outputting picture to the MiniDP port. There's in the BIOS an option that let's you choose between MiniDP, HDMI or Auto. Auto setting is the default and worked in my case ok. Is you MiniDP to HDMI adapter doing something funny?
OK now I'm at work and I'm able to use a monitor that supports up to 1920x1200 (including 1024x768), and has a displayport input. Still no signal.
I'll have to go buy a mini hdmi cable today and test that.

Come to think of it, my first post was a bit insufficient so here's my hardware list.

Ram: Crucial 4GB, 204-pin SODIMM, DDR3 PC3-12800
HDD: Plextor m5m 128 gb

And here's a pic of how I have installed it: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/649020/NUC.jpg

Think that covers it all.

Thank you so much for the help!
Check if your memory is supported: http://www.intel.com/support/motherboard...034475.htm
I have also Crucial 4GB, that is CT51264BF160BJ, and it work as it should.

Note for example that Crucial 8GB, CT8G3S160BM, is not compatible.

----
EDITed (added):

It seem that you have CT51264BF160B and not CT51264BF160BJ.
If I understand correctly the one with "J" on the end is not that same as one without it... your seem to be missing on the memory complaint list.
Try another memory module from the compliant list.
So this is kinda embarrassing. I took it apart, assembled it again and now it works.

Sorry for wasting your time, but thanks for the help!
It happens... thank you for feedback.