Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Buffering issues with live football only????
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey , My xbmc set is working great except when i try to watch live football matches . No problems with movies or anything else . Football was working fine up until around 2 weeks ago but now its un watchable , Wont keep up to speed of play and buffers every 30 seconds or so .

Any ideas ? Do i need to update or remove anything ? Haven't changed my home broadband or anything at home lately . Any advice would be greatly appreciated .

Thanks Big Grin
Yes, footballs have a special physics property about them that, when they are recorded by cameras and their visual images are converted into electronic data, that it universally causes stuttering in any electronic device that attempts to reassemble the bits into a visual image. The phenomenon has eluded scientists from around the globe. The leading theory is that converting the image of footballs into electronic data causes the god Valcore to become angry, causing him to shake in his heavenly castle, likely because it reminds him of that game he forgot to record the other day, and it was a good one too.
@ned Scott, does this phenomena have a name?

Valcore's law of bandwithativity
Any one that's not a wanker got any ideas ?
How about you wanker post a Debug Log?
Scenes with a lot of detail and rapid movement, such as a sports activity with panning along with a play with the stands in the background can require more bandwidth. I was transcoding American football games with VLC so I could watch them from away from home, and I noticed a pretty big difference when the scene changed from a commercial to live action.

Is it possible your football broadcast is now 1080 where it once was 720? I know my local stations are not all broadcast at 1080.
Thanks for the info Whitebelly Big Grin