Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Way to schedule cache dump?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I use ustvnow and over time that addon seems to saturate the general cache and cause playback across the system to suffer. I then use xbmcHub maintenance addon to delete the cache which instantly solves my playback issues.

My question is; is there a way to schedule this same functionality to run at regular interval, like every 24 hrs or at a specific time of day?
We can't help you with add-ons for bootleg video per the forum rules (wiki). Most add-ons don't use this kind of cache method, and they are poorly written if they're not able to delete their own temp files. The "cache" they use is different than the "cache" XBMC uses for normal video playback, and when you see "cache full" messages. The normal XBMC cache empties as soon as playback ends.
linux scheduling is generally done via the cron daemon.

If you know which directory you want to empty, it should then be simple.
Is there a way I can trace which cache is being deleted. The log says deleting standard cache but doesn't identify it's location. And Btw, ustvnow has its own forum here and is a legal service.
Well then ask in the ustvnow thread...