Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Can't update successfully
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I can't figure out why after deleting userdata folder and parent xbmc folder and then reinstalling xbmc via linux terminal by pointing to stable repository link (ppa:team-xbmc/ppa) I am still ending up with unstable version 13.0 rather than Frodo 12.3...help please!

specifically,

I have deleted userdata folder and also the parent xbmc folder via WinSCP, followed by the terminal commands:

sudo apt-get remove xbmc

sudo apt-get autoremove

sudo apt-get purge xbmc

The above seems to delete XBMC from the system; however, when I type the following...

sudo apt-get install python-software-properties pkg-config
sudo apt-get install software-properties-common
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install xbmc

...the XBMC version is still 13.0 alpha when I reboot. shouldn't it be 12.3 since that is still the latest stable version?

What am I doing wrong??

thanks for any help!!!
please post the output of
Code:
apt-cache policy xbmc xbmc-bin
Most likely you still have the unstable PPA enabled too, check in /etc/apt/sources.list.d. Remove the file from the, run apt-get update and then you should get the stable version again.
no, apt-get update will not do it, that only updates the lists of packages available from the repos.

Lets see what apt-cache policy says first...
(2014-02-11, 09:55)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]no, apt-get update will not do it, that only updates the lists of packages available from the repos.

Of course, I meant that if you run apt-get update after changing the PPA you will be able to install the correct version again.