Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Smart Playlist Based on Video Resolution
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I created three smart playlists based on video resolution, one for SD movies, one for 720p, and one for 1080p. The playlists only add up to about 98% of my library when they should add up to 100%. So I created another smart playlist showing videos that are not SD, 720, or 1080 and it brings up the remaining 2%. Bringing up each of these movies, they each should be classified into one of those three original playlists. They all have listed SD or 720 (I really don't have many 1080 so I didn't notice any of them, but I assume if I had more they would be there too).
Write down the exact resolution of each one (you can see this when you play them and press "o" to bring up codec information). Or in the Debug Log while playing them.

Once you've done that you'll probably know why they show up outside of those groups.
I'm looking at ones that are like 958x720 or 950x720 when you press o, and it says 720 at the bottom, but they're still not showing up in the 720 playlist. I tried creating an HD playlist with the resolution bigger than 710, but these files don't seem to show up there either.
It's because 720 is translated into a width between 960 and 1280. 540p is up to 960.
So I guess that explains the issue, but it doesn't really give me much guidance on how to still make playlists that show the files XBMC has listed as SD, 720, and 1080.