Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon, now w/TheTVDB data
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi - can u please give me detailed instructions how to adjust the tv listings times to pacific standard time. I'm in California. the times im getting are for east coast time, which shows 3 hours ahead. i wasn't able to find a remedy for this after looking around. Thanks in advance. It's a great addon.

im on frodo 12.3, tv next aired 6.0.10
(2014-05-06, 18:37)gegeorge Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there, I am trying to use this addon for the first time but when it opens it goes to settings and the nothing happens.
If there is no show data available then it just focuses the settings button. You can try selecting the first option in the settings to fetch the data. If you still don't get any data then check your xbmc.log to see if there are any errors.
(2014-05-06, 19:41)alexp4re Wrote: [ -> ]... how to adjust the tv listings times to pacific standard time.
It's not currently supported. The airtimes listed are generally the earliest time that the show is broadcast translated into your timezone. There isn't enough data in thetvdb to be more specific than that. The timezone/country data could possibly be fudged to be try to be more approximately correct, but even then there will always be some inaccuracies, such as for shows with multiple airings per week at different times.
Hey,

I installed this addon and have not been successful in finding out how to change the layout. I have attached what the layout is showing as for me, and I'm curious as to how to get to a more TV guide layout. I'm not sure if I'm just blatantly missing a setting somewhere, but I have not had any luck with finding anything other than manual xml configuration. If xml editing is the only option, that's fine, I'm just curious if there is an easier route or even template configurations.

I'm running Gotham and the Aeon Nox skin.

Thanks for creating this!

Pretty sure the other older view like this was disabled on Aeon Nox, which is totally fine by me.

If you wanted something more like this you should look into other addons. (that ss was from psuedotv)
Thanks, that's exactly the information that I needed.
(2014-05-07, 08:37)WayneD Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-05-06, 19:41)alexp4re Wrote: [ -> ]... how to adjust the tv listings times to pacific standard time.
It's not currently supported. The airtimes listed are generally the earliest time that the show is broadcast translated into your timezone. There isn't enough data in thetvdb to be more specific than that. The timezone/country data could possibly be fudged to be try to be more approximately correct, but even then there will always be some inaccuracies, such as for shows with multiple airings per week at different times.

HI wayne - isn't there a way you can offset the time difference depending where your locate/timezones. i.e add 3 hours to the shows scheduled times. or our we stuck with this? thanks again for your hard work.
(2014-05-14, 07:10)alexp4re Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-05-07, 08:37)WayneD Wrote: [ -> ]

HI wayne - isn't there a way you can offset the time difference depending where your locate/timezones. i.e add 3 hours to the shows scheduled times. or our we stuck with this? thanks again for your hard work.

Also a problem living in the UK where shows are showing as Next Aired when I've already got them to watch. Never happened with the older version.
I regularly get these errors, is it a know issue or a skin design flaw?

Code:
21:19:41 T:139952886376192   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'tuple' object has no attribute 'split'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.tv.show.next.aired/default.py", line 1495, in <module>
                                                NextAired()
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.tv.show.next.aired/default.py", line 167, in __init__
                                                self.run_backend()
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.tv.show.next.aired/default.py", line 1279, in run_backend
                                                self.set_labels('NextAired' + sep, show)
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.tv.show.next.aired/default.py", line 1334, in set_labels
                                                date_limit = (TheTVDB.convert_date(item['episodes'][ep_ndx]['aired'][:10]) + timedelta(days=6)).isoformat()
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.tv.show.next.aired/resources/lib/thetvdbapi.py", line 123, in convert_date
                                                first_aired = datetime.date(*map(int, date_string.split("-")))
                                            AttributeError: 'tuple' object has no attribute 'split'
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
@schumi2004: pretty sure skins cant call a python error. (And if they can it should be fixed in the script Tongue)
(2014-05-16, 22:15)schumi2004 Wrote: [ -> ]I regularly get these errors, is it a know issue or a skin design flaw?[...]
Error Contents: 'tuple' object has no attribute 'split'
Those weird tuple errors are caused by a corruption that an older release of the script made if a show changed its broadcast time w/o any episode changes. The easiest fix for this is to go into the Next Aired settings and do a reset & update (or manually remove the next.aired.db file). You can also target just the show(s) that exhibit the problem in one of 2 ways: if your skin has a single-show update button for next-aired data (not many have that), you can press that. Otherwise you *could* go to thetvdb.com and do a null-change submit on one of the show's episodes, which would cause the show's data to update on the next incremental update that happens (if the change has had time to propagate). I'd recommend that you just do the reset & update method as long as your TV collection isn't so huge that it would take ages to update from scratch. The newest release has this tuple bug fixed, so once the data is valid, it won't happen again.

..wayne..
I love this script, exactly what I was looking for. Thanks a lot!

However, I do have two issues - I apologize if these are beginner questions. I'm using it with XBMC on Windows with Aeon Nox Skin:
- No matter what I change in the configuration within XBMC, I can only see 7/8 days - not 15 or so, which I would love
- I'm actually not online every day, so I'm also interested what's new out there from the past week. Is there any way to include a 14 day time scale from the previous week to the week ahead? The most awesome option would be if I could just scroll, e.g. press a "Previous week" button and it would just jump to the previous week.

Thanks ahead for the reply.
The skin designer might have decided to not include the full number of containers in their skin. You're talking about the "today start" version and chosen 15 days in the options? And you've tried scrolling around with they arrow keys? You can always choose to use the "Monday start" guide and switch to 14 days -- that shows the 2 weeks of shows in the one 7-day guide.

The next-aired script doesn't keep historical data, so it can't show more older shows than for yesterday. I'd suggest getting an Android or iOS app for your phone for a fuller list of what's been on recently. One android app (my current favorite "TV Series") even has a beta website they're working on: http://tvseries.info/ which you could use from your computer.

..wayne..
I am having a weird issue with this addon. I had to start fresh and remove XBMC completely and re-install. After re-installing, Next Aired will not show the next episode from the main screen anymore. Basically, if I am in my TV shows and hover on a tv series, it used to show me when the next show would air but no more.

Anything I might be missing here?

Tx

RR
You just need to get the data loaded, which may take a while if you have a large collection. Visit the guide to see what's going on, and if you see any errors check out the logs and report any errors you find.