Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon, now w/TheTVDB data
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The zip link is both in the first post and just mentioned again just a few posts ago.
yea i did try the one mentioned before wayne and the one from first post i just installed it over the one i already have but seems to be showing the air dates one day out from what they should be pal, dont know if i need to change anything in settings or not, i will just live with them being a day out not a major biggie..

Thanks for all your help wayne on this matter truly appreciated
nope all good now wayne

thanks alot pal all air times are now back to what they should be thanks alot for all your help
Sorry for the NOOB question here....After installing iStream, TV Rage and adding the source folder of all my subscribe to shows, Next Aired doesn't seem to display any of the show data. Just a blank screen with settings as my only option.

Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
I believe I have found a bug in this add-on. It seems to crash xbmc when switching between a profile with no security to a profile with security on it. You can check out the information I have collected at this thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=204738

Any help on this problem would be greatly appreciated as this plugin seems to be used by quite a few skins by default.

Chris
I really love this addon, as I was using TheTVDB to view this and having it integrated into XBMC is nice. Is there anyway I can edit this so it just uses the tv shows listed in one of my playlists? I had to replace my TV Shows main menu item with a playlist for TV Shows and a playlist for Anime, since the regular TV Shows main menu item showed both tv shows and anime in it. I would love Next Aired to just show tv shows, so I'd like to edit it to use my TV Shows playlist.
@strifu: are there any error messages in the xbmc log files from the next.aired script? If there are, let us know what they are.

@digiext: It doesn't look like an error in the add-on, but in the xbmc services code that manages the python threads. If I've missed an error message from the next.aired script, let me know.
I have an issue when scanning the script scans for my Super Sentai series. Is there any way to make this work or a way to temporarily exclude this series from being scanned?

Code:
20:08:14 T:2812275520  NOTICE: script.tv.show.next.aired: ### getting series & episode info for #73694 - Super Sentai
20:08:16 T:2812275520   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ValueError'>
                                            Error Contents: timestamp out of range for platform time_t
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.tv.show.next.aired/service.py", line 6, in <module>
                                                NextAired()
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.tv.show.next.aired/default.py", line 176, in __init__
                                                self.do_background_updating()
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.tv.show.next.aired/default.py", line 296, in do_background_updating
                                                if self.update_data(update_every):
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.tv.show.next.aired/default.py", line 595, in update_data
                                                tid = self.check_show_info(tvdb, tid, current_show, prior_data)
                                              File "/home/vamp/.xbmc/addons/script.tv.show.next.aired/default.py", line 1000, in check_show_info
                                                dt = dt.astimezone(tz.tzlocal())
                                              File "/home/vamp/.xbmc/addons/script.tv.show.next.aired/dateutil/tz.py", line 95, in utcoffset
                                                if self._isdst(dt):
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.tv.show.next.aired/dateutil/tz.py", line 140, in _isdst
                                                return time.localtime(timestamp).tm_isdst
                                            ValueError: timestamp out of range for platform time_t
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
20:13:06 T:2308610880  NOTICE: Thread JobWorker start, auto delete: true
(2014-10-01, 02:31)vampyrex13 Wrote: [ -> ]I have an issue when scanning the script scans for my Super Sentai series.
The show had 3 dates with year 0193 or 0199 that should have been 1993. I've fixed them in the show data, so it should be fine for you momentarily. I'll also tweak the code to stop it from trying to figure out the DST of a date that long ago so it won't have this issue in a similar situation.

Quote:Is there any way to make this work or a way to temporarily exclude this series from being scanned?
You can add a series id to the exclude list to keep it from being scanned (down near the end of the settings page).

..wayne..
Awesome, tested and working now. Thanks!
Hi, I'm having a slight problem that I thought I might bring to your attention, A TV series I added Rage of Bahamut: Genesis is incorrectly shown to aired on tuesdays 00:30 (12:30am), when the original airtime in Japan is mondays 23:30 (11:30pm), and in my local time should be mondays 16:30 (4:30pm), the TVDB time from their api is 23:30.

It's not really a big deal for me, because all the other shows are shown correctly, but I just wanted to bring your attention to it, because I find it strange that it shows the time incorrectly only for this show, and that the value shown is neither the correct one, nor is it the japanese one. Although I noticed that it has an empty network tag, while all the ones that work have an network in the network tag. So maybe it thinks the show is from one hour after japan(UTC+9) so something from utc+10?
I was referred on from the Eminence skin forum:

A suggestion is the Cancelled/Ended wording at the bottom of the screen. Seeing the word CANCELLED automatically suggests the show was rubbish and gives it an unnecessary negative vibe. Maybe if this was just "Ended" or "Show ended" or something.
Is there any way of changing the look of the addon to match a certain skin?
(2014-10-24, 19:37)Xe3d Wrote: [ -> ]Rage of Bahamut: Genesis is incorrectly shown to aired on tuesdays 00:30 (12:30am), when the original airtime in Japan is mondays 23:30 (11:30pm)
Your show does not have a network set, which means that the next-aired script can't figure out what country (and thus, what timezone) to attribute to the show. If you set the network to anything in the country of origin, then you should see it get the timezone right.

(2014-11-02, 05:53)Prizm4 Wrote: [ -> ]A suggestion is the Cancelled/Ended wording at the bottom of the screen. Seeing the word CANCELLED automatically suggests the show was rubbish and gives it an unnecessary negative vibe.
Yeah, that's the wording from long ago, but I'm with you that it would be nice to tweak it a bit. Maybe I'll change it to "Ended".

(2014-11-14, 14:20)pwriesnik Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any way of changing the look of the addon to match a certain skin?
There are two xml files that a skin needs to include to customize the look (script-NextAired-TVGuide.xml and
script-NextAired-TVGuide2.xml). See the README.txt file in the addon for details.

..wayne..
I assume this was updated to the official repo, and this is now the version I have if I installed it from there?
If so, I have an issue where the aired dates seem to be one day off. Shows that actually air on Fridays, show up as Saturday and so on down the line. Oddly though, this only happens on my Ouya. On the PC it is fine.