Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon, now w/TheTVDB data
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2019-12-05, 13:38)skippr Wrote: [ -> ]So, the crashing of the add-on by some shows with corrupted year fields will likely be fixed thanks to mwkurt. Nice. 

Still I have to reset all data to be able to update. 

Anybody got an idea what provokes the error "file is not a zip file" when trying to update existing data? 
Since it all started with the tdvb update, one might assume this correlates. But how / why?

I have asked for help in figuring out how to fix the missing, errant year field at the Series level. I was able to fix the series "Roswell, New Mexico" because the errant years were in episodes. As of right now, I guess some folks are working on figuring out what is the cause and are trying to fix it.....I hope. There was a thread in the TVDB forum regarding this issue and supposedly they are working on it.
I honestly thought it would be an easier thing to take care of. Not so sure now. Not sure where this problem rates in relation to the multitude of other problems with the api. I will do what I can but wanted to temper the enthusiasm a bit because....I am not sure when it will happen.

Mark
Anybody know why TVDB started shifting stuff around?

Did they done some upgrades?
(2019-12-05, 05:04)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-12-05, 03:18)melons2 Wrote: [ -> ]I'll be damned!.....................it works again!

Thank you to the database gods!

How did you get it working again?

Shedrock 
In latts Leia MQ7 MOD I am using version 6 with this edit and it completely works!

Edit:
in "addons\script.tv.show.next.aired\resources\skins\Default\720p"
EDIT FILES:
"script-NextAired-TVGuide.xml"
"script-NextAired-TVGuide2.xml"

replace all "StringCompare" with "String.IsEqual"

I hope this works for you also!
(2019-12-05, 20:42)melons2 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-12-05, 03:18)melons2 Wrote: [ -> ]I'll be damned!.....................it works again!

Shedrock   
In latts Leia MQ7 MOD I am using version 6 with this edit and it completely works!

. . .

This works in Transparency skin too - thanks Smile
(2019-12-05, 13:35)mwkurt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-12-05, 01:18)philness Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-12-04, 17:15)mwkurt Wrote: [ -> ]NotHello,

I fixed the dates on Roswell from the 0001 to 2020. Was wondering if you could retest to see if that will allow for scanning of the show?

Thanks,
Mark  
South Park, Lucifer, Sons of Anarchy, and Game of Thrones are also affected. Would you be able to correct those too?  
I am trying to figure out how to fix the date problems on these shows. When I do and they are fixed, I will let you know.

Mark 
Not sure if it was you or someone else, but all of these are working now and I can confirm TVDB are showing dates for all 4 of these. My import just ran without issue.

Thank you!!!
(2019-12-06, 02:50)philness Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-12-05, 01:18)philness Wrote: [ -> ]South Park, Lucifer, Sons of Anarchy, and Game of Thrones are also affected. Would you be able to correct those too?  
I am trying to figure out how to fix the date problems on these shows. When I do and they are fixed, I will let you know.

Mark  
Not sure if it was you or someone else, but all of these are working now and I can confirm TVDB are showing dates for all 4 of these. My import just ran without issue.

Thank you!!! 
Was going to jump in in and ask if you could retest these and see if they scan. Was informed that they did some kind of reindexing and to test. So they work now? If so great! Glad I could help a bit.

Mark
(2019-12-05, 17:15)Pajoe Wrote: [ -> ]I did see something about zip errors on the TVDB Forums but have no idea if it is helpful for your problem.
If you find you have the same problem as the original author, there is a fix to try. However, only you can determine
if it will be helpful.

Please visit the TVDB forums

https://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php...0893fe1197

info on problem:

The file retrieved by script.tv.show.next.aired is en.zip but inside the zip file we find:

$ unzip -l en.zip.zip
Archive: en.zip.zip
Length Date Time Name
--------- ---------- ----- ----
392752 1980-00-00 00:00 en.zip.xml
4428 1980-00-00 00:00 banners.xml
1064 1980-00-00 00:00 actors.xml
--------- -------
398244 3 files

Afaik, the problem is en.zip.xml, which is not a zipfile, despite the (mis)naming. If we could move forward with a fix on this that would be great!

Suggested fix:

For this addon only (https://github.com/WayneD/script.tv.show.next.aired)
a temporary fix is to edit:
script.tv.show.next.aired/resources/lib/thetvdbapi.py
Find the line:

zip_name = '%s.xml' % self.language
and change it to:
zip_name = '%s.zip.xml' % self.language

Save and rerun the addon, resetting all information.

Pardon my irritation: the fix you describe was necessary for a few days, in order to get the add-on to download any data. 
This seems to be already fixed by tvdb, because the add-on is able to download data without this fix. 

But it can only download data once. As soon as one tries to update existing data (without resetting all data first), there comes the "file is not a zip file" error. 

Applying this fix now only leads to premature crash of the add-on (it crashes after a handful of shows, which it does not when the fix is removed).
It seems no longer necessary and does not fix the yet unexplained problem with updating existing data.
(2019-12-05, 20:42)melons2 Wrote: [ -> ]

Shedrock    

Edit:
in "addons\script.tv.show.next.aired\resources\skins\Default\720p"
EDIT FILES:
"script-NextAired-TVGuide.xml"
"script-NextAired-TVGuide2.xml"

replace all "StringCompare" with "String.IsEqual"

@melons2 Please drop some knowledge: what exactly is this fix supposed to do? Which problem is it supposed to fix?

As far as I could research it, this fix was adressed to "no logo's/artwork showing in the blue boxes", about a year ago.
(2019-12-06, 13:13)mwkurt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-12-06, 02:50)philness Wrote: [ -> ]

Thank you!!!  
Was going to jump in in and ask if you could retest these and see if they scan. Was informed that they did some kind of reindexing and to test. So they work now? If so great! Glad I could help a bit.

Mark 
Yeah, the faulty shows work again. What a great advantage when people are involved in kodi as well as tvdb, things do progress! 

Afaik there is only one problem left, existing data cannot be updated. Has anyone any clue why this error occurs? Which files of the add-on contain the part involved in this error?
(2019-12-05, 19:25)mwkurt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-12-05, 13:38)skippr Wrote: [ -> ]So, the crashing of the add-on by some shows with corrupted year fields will likely be fixed thanks to mwkurt. Nice. 

Anybody got an idea what provokes the error "file is not a zip file" when trying to update existing data? 
Since it all started with the tdvb update, one might assume this correlates. But how / why?

I have asked for help in figuring out how to fix the missing, errant year field at the Series level. I was able to fix the series "Roswell, New Mexico" because the errant years were in episodes. As of right now, I guess some folks are working on figuring out what is the cause and are trying to fix it.....I hope. There was a thread in the TVDB forum regarding this issue and supposedly they are working on it.
I honestly thought it would be an easier thing to take care of. Not so sure now. Not sure where this problem rates in relation to the multitude of other problems with the api. I will do what I can but wanted to temper the enthusiasm a bit because....I am not sure when it will happen.

Mark 
All working ok now apart from one thing, it displays the TV shows by broadcast date, they dont usually appear in my region until the next day, can I adjust this? Im in the UK.
(2019-12-06, 19:33)startreksteve Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-12-05, 13:38)skippr Wrote: [ -> ] 
All working ok now apart from one thing, it displays the TV shows by broadcast date, they dont usually appear in my region until the next day, can I adjust this? Im in the UK. 

Is this something that was working different before the tvdb-update? 

Apart from that, what exactly is your expectation or goal?

If a show has an US air date e.g. Monday 10 pm EST, in this moment you are in UK on Tuesday 4 am CET (just an estimated example). 
But the show does not appear in your kodi as a Tuesday show, for it is a Monday show. I don't think that there is a way around that.

The option "show yesterday" might be helpful.
(2019-12-06, 19:33)startreksteve Wrote: [ -> ]

Mark   

If you have a copy of your old country.db file it should change it back to normal, if not I still have mine.

It goes into the following folder in appdata

userdata\addon_data\script.tv.show.next.aired

I would be happy to share the country.db file for you if you no longer have this with a screenshot of the upcoming window in kodi for this addon.

Edit 
I am also in the UK.
(2019-12-06, 23:57)alphaomega16 Wrote: [ -> ]I would be happy to share the country.db file for you if you no longer have this with a screenshot of the upcoming window in kodi for this addon. 

Please share (e.g. via paste.kodi.tv), I would like to have a look at your country.db
(2019-12-07, 00:05)skippr Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-12-06, 23:57)alphaomega16 Wrote: [ -> ]I would be happy to share the country.db file for you if you no longer have this with a screenshot of the upcoming window in kodi for this addon. 

Please share (e.g. via paste.kodi.tv), I would like to have a look at your country.db 

I am afraid you are going to have to explain what you mean, do you not mean share the file or use another program to share it?
(2019-12-07, 00:11)alphaomega16 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-12-07, 00:05)skippr Wrote: [ -> ] 

I am afraid you are going to have to explain what you mean, do you not mean share the file or use another program to share it? 
Please share in any way that is convenient for you :-)