Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon, now w/TheTVDB data
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2019-12-21, 01:36)ehammer85 Wrote: [ -> ]how important is that country.db file? does it just get automatically created?
It is not essential for the addon to work, but it adapts the air dates to your local time. That's especially helpful with international shows.
It used to be created automatically, I don't know when that stopped and why.
(2019-12-21, 01:36)ehammer85 Wrote: [ -> ]does that file need to be in <...kodi\userdata\addon_data\script.tv.show.next.aired>? or somewhere else?
Yes, that's the right directory.
(2019-12-08, 17:26)mgonzales Wrote: [ -> ]country.db was used by the 6.x version

see https://github.com/WayneD/script.tv.show...country.db

you can use DB Browser for SQLite to view and edit the .db files - https://sqlitebrowser.org/

Having not really looked at the code, I am guessing this was probable using this zip file

http://www.thetvdb.com/api/***APIKEY***/...all/en.zip and maybe a hack using tzinfo for your location - probably why your times are shifted

I use 7.x of next aired - I had to fix some issues in skin I used (personal mod estuary) to display all the data but it works.

Sometimes I won't get or loose data for "yesterday" in the 14+1 view
Hi mgonzales
When I try to view the country.db with DB Browse it's asking for a password

Oh man, this sucks now i have to look up the internet to see when my shows air. It just stopped working, trying everything the thread proposes with no luck at all.
(2019-12-20, 19:10)ehammer85 Wrote: [ -> ]I continue to get errors when running the Next Aired addon.  If I uninstall it, re-install, reset to defaults and rescan, then it'll work initially.  But everytime after that, it attempts to "Get country.db" then fails.  I believe I'm getting the .zip error in my logs.  What has worked for everyone else in getting this fixed?

Log: https://paste.kodi.tv/cadedebafi.kodi

I’m also still having the issue. I don’t have much hope. it being fixed
Unless someone can help fix it we'll have to mark it as broken.
If it is broken, please someone fix it? Nod
Every sunday I just delete the files in addondata/script.tv.show.next.aired and re-extract the country file and do an update, its only once a week and not so bad but I can then plan whats ahead.
** Update **

I used an android terminal program to delete .kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.tv.show.next.aired/next.aired.db  on my LibreElec box this morning and was pleasantly surprised it updated without a reboot or restart.  I have the addon update in background delay set to 24 hours, but wanted to set it to "off" - but when I selected the tv.show.next.aired  to change the settings I was greeted with the progress bar showing it was doing an update.

Deleting  .kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.tv.show.next.aired/next.aired.db triggers a complete update when Kodi starts.

On LibreElec I  use reboot to get the same results. If I use reset all data,  and  immediately reboot  LibreElec, and go directly into the next.aired.addon I can see a progress bar and the next.aired  addon  getting the information on  my 400+ series. However, using the reset all data option also deletes country.db  so it is better for me to delete .kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.tv.show.next.aired/next.aired.db 

It's easy to try, select reset all data, on mine it will give an error beep. Reboot LibreElec and select the next.aired addon - depending on how many shows you have and how fast it works you may get the progress bar and see it checking the shows. This is not a fix, just a test and if your system is like mine, using reset will delete country.db and not reinstall it, you will need to do that manually. I avoid using the reset all data option, prefer to just delete the next.aired.db file.

I hope the Kodi team does not remove this addon, it may not be perfect but does work with a little help.
(2020-01-18, 21:57)Pajoe Wrote: [ -> ]** Update **

I used an android terminal program to delete .kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.tv.show.next.aired/next.aired.db  on my LibreElec box this morning and was pleasantly surprised it updated without a reboot or restart.  I have the addon update in background delay set to 24 hours, but wanted to set it to "off" - but when I selected the tv.show.next.aired  to change the settings I was greeted with the progress bar showing it was doing an update.

Deleting  .kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.tv.show.next.aired/next.aired.db triggers a complete update when Kodi starts.

On LibreElec I  use reboot to get the same results. If I use reset all data,  and  immediately reboot  LibreElec, and go directly into the next.aired.addon I can see a progress bar and the next.aired  addon  getting the information on  my 400+ series. However, using the reset all data option also deletes country.db  so it is better for me to delete .kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.tv.show.next.aired/next.aired.db 

It's easy to try, select reset all data, on mine it will give an error beep. Reboot LibreElec and select the next.aired addon - depending on how many shows you have and how fast it works you may get the progress bar and see it checking the shows. This is not a fix, just a test and if your system is like mine, using reset will delete country.db and not reinstall it, you will need to do that manually. I avoid using the reset all data option, prefer to just delete the next.aired.db file.

I hope the Kodi team does not remove this addon, it may not be perfect but does work with a little help.
I have to agree if we, the users, want to keep an add-on alive even if not perfect..........we should not have to fight it being marked "broken". It works, just not automatically.....neither is anything else using the TVDb  API.

That's my 2 cents!
(2020-01-19, 23:55)melons2 Wrote: [ -> ]I have to agree if we, the users, want to keep an add-on alive even if not perfect..........we should not have to fight it being marked "broken". It works, just not automatically.....neither is anything else using the TVDb  API.

That's my 2 cents! 
Thanks, hopefully enough people will agree and they will keep things as they are now. Until someone fixes all the addon features or creates a better addon, I am happy with the way things are working. On my systems with the default skin deleting the database file  once a day it seems to  be working .

On my Liberelec system that is on 24/7 I activated cron in the services menu and added

10 1 * * * rm -f  /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.tv.show.next.aired/next.aired.db

using crontab -e   via a ssh session  - to delete the file at 1:10 am daily

The following morning when I select the tv.next.aired addon it downloads  the information

On my Ubuntu system that is not on 24/7 I set up cron a  little differently

0 */4 * * * rm -f /home/user_name/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.tv.show.next.aired/next.aired.db

which deletes the file every 4 hours. Upon starting Kodi it creates a new database file

I do not use the "RESET ALL DATA" option and I currently have the Download tv information in the background set to 24 hours, but I think
setting it to manually may work better.
I agree, it still works somewhat and it has been updating automatically on my old 16.0 jarvis build just fine til I try a manual update then it throws a wobbly and I just need to delete info and restart and let it rescan, hopefully it can be kept because it does still work despite being a bit more fiddly than usual.
Please don't mark it as broken even tho its not working 100% i still use it every day hopefully someone can fix it or replace it
Put me down as another one still using it (with manual intervention every week). It is used every day in my household and is a major part of the Wife Acceptance Factor.
It does not have to do anything with this?
Does it ?
(2020-01-12, 17:00)jinux Wrote: [ -> ]If it is broken, please someone fix it? Nod
I've asked someone to help me fix it but the person is very busy at the moment. hopefully, It can be fixed in a few months