Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Status of proper timeshift with TVHeadend
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
If that does't fix it, I'm out of op[tions. I've never used android. I can only comment on your backend.
One last question:
is the timeshift buffer folder empty during timeshift or after you stop timeshift?

It should be empty after stopping timeshift, but when it never fills with the buffer: that's your clue.

Other then that: the android versions of kodi and pvr addons are probably to blame.
@bas.t
with this config it is a lot better!
timeshift is working, so far.
playing around with it (forward/backward) seems to cause tvheadend server to stop,
and I have had one time a frozen picture again.

But anyway, it seems that for a standard "phone call" interruption it is working.
Nice that it is better now.
I did not check on your tvheadend version, for correct timeshift function it should be a version later then oct 2014. I'm using c51b162 now. That's from 7 jan 2015.
(2015-01-18, 22:14)bas.t Wrote: [ -> ]It should be empty after stopping timeshift, but when it never fills with the buffer: that's your clue.

What clue really?

I can pause and resume without any problems but unable to skip forward. The timeshift directory never fills up with anything. Its always empty.
Does TVH have write access to your timeshift dir?
(I don't remember the clue)
set "Max. RAM Size (MB):" to zero. Otherwise TVH will stores the complete buffer to the ram befor its starts to write data to the disk
(2015-07-23, 18:19)monchi Wrote: [ -> ]set "Max. RAM Size (MB):" to zero. Otherwise TVH will stores the complete buffer to the ram befor its starts to write data to the disk

You don't have to set it to zero, since that's the default, afaik.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6