Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Library not updating for new shows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I have XBMCBuntu 13 ALPHA12 and new shows and movies added in the last 3 months or so are not being updated

I know you may say well that's the chance you get for having an ALPHA version, but I must admit I had no idea I was running this ( I Did an apt-get update earlier today ) and this problem has been present from 12.2 onwards.

It's strange because TV Shows I already have added are updating fine. Any ideas please?
no ideas? :-(

I do have <15GB free storage on the drive which the media is on (1%) if that makes any difference?!
are their NFO files in the same directory as the new TV Shows?

never the less, it is much easier to help, if you add the XBMC.log after you have tried to update the library.
Do you have "update library at start up" turned on?
You could try the Watchdog add on that updates and cleans your libraries whenever something is added to the file sources
(2014-02-18, 07:55)blank Wrote: [ -> ]are their NFO files in the same directory as the new TV Shows?

never the less, it is much easier to help, if you add the XBMC.log after you have tried to update the library.

yep they are, and weirdly another machine on my LAN (running OpenElec) can update the content fine. (I'm not using a shared database btw)

(2014-02-18, 23:51)DaveNinja Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have "update library at start up" turned on?
You could try the Watchdog add on that updates and cleans your libraries whenever something is added to the file sources

I do have that yes, does try to update but doesn't actually manage it. I will look into Watchdog thanks.