Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: how to remove a source which is an external hard drive
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I built an openelec 3.2.4 system on an intel nuc - an i3 with 8 gigs of ram - the perfect platform for openelec.
anyway, I have a 3 tb external hd sitting under it, it has folders in the root folder. I'm attempting to guard certain folders in the root folder from kids (responsible parenting), so I set the master lock and locked the sources as I added them one at a time - works great. But now if you browse to the hard drive from Videos/FIles, you can go to the hard drive's root folder and get anywhere you want.

How do I delete the hard drive's root folder from Videos/Files?

By the way, when I hover over the root folder and hit C, I see Play, Add to Favorites, Remove Safely, Add source, Set Content, and Now Playing.

There is no "remove source"
its possible via advancedsettings.xml
<excludefromlisting> <!-- Regular expressions that if evaluated to true won't be displayed in Files View -->
<regexp>[-\._ ](sample|trailer)[-\._ ]</regexp>
</excludefromlisting>

make the regexp match the directories you want to hide.
Interesting. I add in the <excludefromlisting> block - and now no sources show at all.

Here's what I added:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <video>
    <excludefromlisting>
      <regexp>hd3tb</regexp>
    </excludefromlisting>
  </video>
<advancedsettings>

that name, 'hd3tb' will naturally appear in any source I add, since this attached HD is where all my videos are stored. I just didn't want the root folder to be visible.

I wonder if a more specific regular expression would work better.
obviously you can hide just the root folder, because you wont be able to get into it anymore.
You must exclude only the specific dirs/files.
ahh ok

what about this instead?

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <video>
    <excludefromlisting>
      <regexp>hd3tb[/]?$</regexp>
    </excludefromlisting>
  </video>
</advancedsettings>

It hides only a path which contains only the name 'hd3tb' with or without a trailing slash. It's not working - I see nothing on the list any more even though sources
it would help if you listed your folder layout and explain exactly which ones you want to hide.
Did anyone find a solution to this?
Im interested in the solution to this as well.

My case, I have an external drive attached to my device, lets say its names is extdriveA. extdriveA has a couple of subfolders named A, B and C.

I just want the C folder to be seen by other in the files section. I dont want people to see the root drive listed in files, because they could access the A and/or the B folder. So basically I want to remove the direct access to the root of the external drive. Seems that for some setting it add any external drive attached automatically to the files view section