Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: "ActivateWindow" in a custom_<foo>.xml (Problem)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello

Got a Problem. Not shure if i do someting wrong (Or could it be a Bug??)

i've got a "custom_SettinsMain.xml" which i load by "<oncklick>ActivateWindow(1234)</onclick> from the Homemenu. (Which works fine.)

Now in this "custom_SettingsMain.xml" i've got some items, where i try to open other Windows (with "ActivateWindow").
And now the Proble:
All with "Activate Window" opened Windows from my "custom Window" are shown behinde theses Window. (Just why?? confused! -> Bug? or do i miss something?)
This behavior is the same in Frodo and Gotham Nightlys.

as soon as i close my custom Window, i see all the Windows i opened thru "Activate Window" from my custom Window.

In other Windows "ActivateWindow" shows the new Window abouth. No Idea why not in a custom Window.

Hope i could explain the Problem well enoth.

P.S.:

if i close my custom window with a "<onclick>close</onclick> i see the opened window, but the Problem is; as soon as i close the Opened window i fall back to the Homescreen instead of to my custom Window

PHP Code:
<onclick>Close</onclick>
<
onclick>ActivateWindow(Settings)</onclick
You've probably set the type to 'dialog' instead of 'window' - dialogs are always drawn above windows.

You could also add an onclick function to close your custom window.
(2014-02-15, 16:13)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]You've probably set the type to 'dialog' instead of 'window' - dialogs are always drawn above windows.

yes:
PHP Code:
<window id="1234" type="dialog"

Thanks! this solved the Problem!!! Smile
With "window" all works as expected!

(2014-02-15, 16:13)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]You could also add an onclick function to close your custom window.

yes did try this
PHP Code:
<onclick>Close</onclick>
<
onclick>ActivateWindow(Settings)</onclick

but type="window" was exactly, what i was looking for. thx!