Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: H264 MKVs Crashing Out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm having a problem that I very much hope you guys can help with. I have spent months googling this problem but each persons seems to be slightly different.

All of my media is played on my HTPC and stored on a seperate pc. Both running Win 7 and are connected by powerline adapters. XBMC and all drivers up-to-date.

Every single file plays absolutely perfectly except for 700-900mb H264 MKVs, even 10GB MKVs will play fine. The movie will play for 30 seconds to 3 minutes, pause for 20-30 seconds then crash out into the XBMC main menu. I can resume play only for it to do it again. The movie will play fine through MPC and locally through XBMC.

[log removed]
Doing a bit more research, looking at the log, am I right in saying that the MKV is a 10-bit? Perhaps my onboard Intel HD2000 cannot handle it? Saying that, wouldn't that make the CPU usage shoot up? It doesn't at the moment.
Please do not paste logs directly into the forum as it makes posts difficult to read and is against the forum rules.

I did take a look at log before removing however it was much use because debug logging was enabled, please refer to log_file (wiki) for how to do log files and post them to the forum.

One thing you could try is turning off DXVA2 hardware acceleration which I believe you've got enabled.