Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Open/Close Guide, Recorded Shows, Etc...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I posted the below under the PVR Help and Support (Windows Media Center section as that is what I'm using)...

"Hopefully a quick question.

I'm on XBMC 12.3, Windows 7 x64, and using the ACE skin, I'm using an MCE Remote, that has buttons for Guide, Recorded TV, and Live TV. Just and FYI should anyone want to know.

So the issue is, when watching TV, then I bring up the Guide window, there isn't a button on the remote that will exit the Guide, and bring the TV image to the fore ground. I have to select a TV show from the Guide, and click switch to go back to the TV show we are currently watching.

This happens with Recorded TV as well, and clicking the Live TV doesn't exit out of either of these screens and take you back to Live TV.

Is this the desired result from XBMC, the Skin ACE, or from WMC software? Just wondering who I should go to about this next, should no answer be given here."

and the Answer I got...

"Hi Powerhouse,

It is XBMC and/or skin related, nothing to do with the pvr.wmc addon

On my system, I can press Guide a 2nd time to cancel the dialog. I am just using the default Confluence skin, and I have a harmony remote with "Guide" button mapped to "C" keyboard input (ie context menu). If you try using Confluence skin you will be able to see whether it is skin or XBMC related. Do you have any custom key mappings setup in keyboard.xml for XBMC?"

I have no custom settings in the keyboard.xml, FYI.

So is there some setting in ACE to do the same thing as in the Confluence Skin?