Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Unusually LONG time to read .nfo files in to Library - 20+ hours [debug included]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm having a problem scanning my nfo files in to my Android Library. It took about 20 hours to read 1000 .nfo files

I am NOT talking about scrapping from tvdb, but I talking about reading .nfo files already placed in the folders of the videos.

I'll tell you what I did -

1 - I installed XBMC on my Desktop Computer
2 - I attached my 2.5" usb portable 2tb hdd
3 - I used the TVDB and TheMovieDB to scrape ALL the videos on my HD
4 - It took maybe an hour to find information for 1000 TV show and 50 Movies.
5 - I had no major problems, things went as fast as i expected them to.
6 - Then I went through ALL my videos in the LIBRARY to make sure everything was perfect and properly.
7 - When I was completly happy, I "EXPORTED" my Library to "SEPARATE FILES" including ARTWORK and ACTOR photos.
8 - Now I have all my movie.nfo, tvshow.nfo, episode.nfo in all the folders of every video on my 2.5" usb portable 2tb hdd

NEXT I took out my Android TV Box ->

1 - I downloaded and installed GOTHAM nightly FEB 13 on my Android box
2 - I attached my 2.5 hdd and scanned for new content
3 - The scanning for new content started fast (for about 10 seconds) But then never finished....
4 - The first 60 nfo files were read in a few minutes, but then it slowed down to reading 3 nfo files per minute

I did some testing with a USB thumb drive as well as my 2.5" portable drive. This is what I noted ->

XBMC takes about 10 seconds to read the FIRST 20 .nfo files.
Then it takes about 10 seconds to read the following 10 .nfo files.
Then it slows down even more taking about 20 seconds just to read 1 .nfo file....

Any suggestions?
Now, where did I put this crystal ball allowing me to read your debug log (wiki). Oh wait...
Does the android TV box deliver enough power over USB to power a external USB harddisk ?
(2014-02-19, 11:55)Koying Wrote: [ -> ]Now, where did I put this crystal ball allowing me to read your debug log (wiki). Oh wait...

I sense some sarcasm..... sarcasm....

(2014-02-19, 12:03)Kib Wrote: [ -> ]Does the android TV box deliver enough power over USB to power a external USB harddisk ?

How can I test that? It seems to play the videos well enough. HD play smoothly.....

P.S. I'll get that debug log asap....
(2014-02-19, 12:09)BubbaLovesTv Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-02-19, 11:55)Koying Wrote: [ -> ]Now, where did I put this crystal ball allowing me to read your debug log (wiki). Oh wait...

I sense some sarcasm..... sarcasm....
It' inevitable when you have to ask for it 9 out of 10 times although it's been stated a zillion times we don't want to loose time guessing when everything is in the log Wink
Okay - This run was better than usual. XBMC managed to scan over 400 .nfo files before the slow down occurred. Then it became unusable.

I also noticed the clock changed and started showing the wrong time.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=134283

I'm not sure if there is a connection, but just before the slow down occurred, my Android box asked me is I wanted an OTA update of the firmware. (not android)

Thanks.
Okay - So I updated to Gotham Night Build Feb 19 - xbmc-20140219-b4f1ac4-master-armeabi-v7a.apk

And I recreated the problem right away from a clean install.

Here is the newest Debug info ->

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=135302

There seem to be endless lines of - WARNING: static XFILE::IFile* XFILE::CFileFactory::CreateLoader(const CURL&) - Unsupported protocol(library) in library://video/tvshows/tags.xml/[something.something]