Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Audio Drops/Skips
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have removed pulseaudio and I now have sound in Gotham....but I'm still experiencing the audio drops/silences. During the last playback it occurred about 3 times in a few minutes. Here's the new log
Quote:19:04:13 T:2755656512 DEBUG: OutputPicture - change configuration. 1278x720. framerate: 23.98. format: VAAPI
19:04:13 T:2755656512 NOTICE: Display resolution DESKTOP : 1920x1080@ 60.00 - Full Screen (16)

Playing 23.98 fps @ 60 hz sucks. What's your sync method? Sync Playback to Display is activated, if yes - it makes no sense to sync 23.98 to a 60hz refreshrate? What upscaler are you using?
Sync playback to display is off. I did try all the available sync methods, but the glitch keeps reoccurring.
I don't know what you mean by upscaler. I use default XBMC settings, my PC is connected to my TV via HDMI. Sound goes to receiver via SPDIF. (If I play sound via HDMI....I have the same issue)
Hard to tell. From the config nothing looks obviously wrong. You can try to change the priority of the audio thread, by reconfiguring your lightdm.conf have a look here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=165707
I used the following site to update the alsa drivers.
I haven't noticed an audio drop since!

Thanks for the support
Pages: 1 2