Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Using xbmc on Second Display without Primary Display being on.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys currently running xbmc on PC with a pulse-eight CEC Adapter. The PC has two displays connected to the GPU a primary monitor (using displayport) and a secondary TV (using HDMI + CEC Adapter) giving hassle and its sort of weird. Basically I want display xbmc on my secondary TV without having to keep primary monitor powered on during wake (If I wake my pc from sleep which was running xbmc and CEC and primary monitor is NOT powered on then my TV displays a black screen with xbmc making key tone sounds in the background. But if primary display monitor IS powered on then xbmc is displayed perfectly on the TV) I also find that If do wake my PC with both display on standby and then I switch my primary back to power off manually pushing the button xbmc on my secondary TV still displays perfectly fine that's what's weird.... So do guys have any idea how to just display xbmc on my secondary display without having my primary monitor turned on or switching off after wake. Sorry if my setup is a bit confusing but its awesome if it works.

Thanks
From the little I know about XBMC and PCs, you'll probably need to provide more info about your setup:

Start with make and model of PC, OS under which you're running XBMC, versions of both OS and XBMC, more detail about graphics card and methods of connection, and make/model of TVs

You may also then be asked to provide debug logs which cover certain operations.

HTH
Case: Corsair Carbide 540 Air
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5 TH
CPU: Intel i7 2600K
Cooler: Corsair H100
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16GB
GPU: EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX
SSD: Corsair Force 3 120GB
Storage: WD Black 1TB
PSU: Corsair 850AX

PC OS: Windows 8 Pro x64
xbmc: 12.3 Git:20131212-9ed3e58

GPU Displays Setup:

1. GPU > Displayport > Asus PB278Q
2. GPU > HDMI > Pulse-Eight CEC Adaptor > Samsung UE32D6530

Basically I want to use just my Samsung when waking my pc suspend to xbmc without my Asus monitor also coming on.
Having both displays on standby turns both on during wake suspend but xbmc display correctly on my Samsung.
But if my Asus monitor is switched off and I wake my pc from suspend to xbmc then Samsung come on but puts out a black screen with xbmc noise being made such key navigation of the menus.

I did some testing last night I have a idea it may have something with Displayport which has the feature to turn the on monitor with user input of a remote or power button when the PC is powered on or waked from sleep.

I will try changing Asus monitor cable from displayport to hdmi to see if thats the issue but thing is I wanted to use displayport on my Asus monitor.