Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Total novice trying to install 'tv catch up'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is it possible for a novice pc user to install an app/ addon/ plugin whatever you call it onto an 'mx streambox'?

I am after ' tv catch up2.0' with epg for my android tv box

Can anyone help via ' teamviewer'?

Any feedback appreciated

Thanks
looks like the MX Streambox is a android box.

Addons are straight forward to add.

Have a read of the wiki, the guide is very straight forward to follow.

Or read the instructions in this xbmc thread

TVCatchup
Thanks

Do you know how i can do this....

If you haven't already done so, you'll need to upgrade your XBMC build to one of the Eden builds.

This is the info i got from my box...

mbx reference board (g18ref)

android version

kernel version

build no.
jdq39.20130529
Eden is an old version of XBMC. Its basically saying you need a version of xbmc that is eden or newer.

Sounds to me you have just bought an android box with a pre-installed version and are a real real novice. The info you have provided is information of the andorid box.

If you cant follow the simple guide in the thread above, I'd suggest you read through the wiki to get a grasp of what you have first.
You will probably have two options:

1. Download the zip file, go into XBMC as an application on your box, install the addon from zip and configure (as described in the thread).

2. Install TVCatchup as an Android application from the Play store.

The first option is slightly more fiddly, but easy enough if you follow the instructions. At the end of it, you'll have Freeview channels available in XBMC. The second is more straightforward, but you lose any integration, and would have to choose between starting XBMC to watch local media or TVCatchup to watch "live" TV.
. Download the zip file, go into XBMC as an application on your box, install the addon from zip and configure (as described in the thread).

tried the above with 'winrar' but cant unzip it properly on android tv box, every click opens another file , it will not totally unzip, strange

cant find it on play store either

aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

what is the correct way to get it onto usb stick after downloading?

extract to?
copy and paste?
drag and drop?

thanks for help
dont think the correct file is in that old link as i have dragged and dropped onto usb then installed from zip file on android box and nothing happens.
Found another link which is bigger and managed to unzip it onto streambox , it said enabled but i cannot find it any where
http://mirrors.superrepo.org/addons/frod...up.addons/

Will i need to install 'super repo' first maybe? Or 'metapackage'?
it must be somewhere on this android box

its says 'enabled' everytime i install it
We don't support superreopo here - causes all sorts of issues.

Simple download the zip file from the tvcatchup site - http://plugins.tvcatchup.com/~xbmc/

- Download the zip, do not extract it and load it on your xbmc device
- It will enable a new repository in xbmc
- Go to the tvcatchup repo in xbmc and select the tvcatchup addon
- It will install the addon
- You will find it in either video addons or program addons (can't remember when it installs it)
Thanks but I am stuck on your 3rd instruction
I cannot find the tvcatchup repo anywhere.
Where excatly is it.

So close , getting there, thanks for the help
Okay, I've just installed it so I can give you these instructions!

1. Download the zip from the link above
2. System -> Settings -> Add-ons -> Install from zip..
3. Select the file you downloaded in (1)
4. Now go to Get Add-ons (it's System -> Settings -> Addons -> Get Add-ons if you've moved anywhere)
5. There's a new repository - "TVCatchup's XBMC Add-ons". Select it.
6. "Video Add-ons"
7. "TVCatchup 2.0 with EPG"

It'll appear under Programs on the home screen. If you need to change any configuration, System -> Settings -> Add-ons -> Enabled Add-ons -> Program Add-ons -> TvCacthup 2.0 with EPG.
Its not there
I think i may have installed it incorrectly in the beginning which is stopping the new installs.
Will a system reset or rebuild be difficult or a bad idea?

I found a tvcatchup file with a full colour cover identical to the original but when i click on it the file is empty and there are no other options on there.

Screwed it up i think
Quote:I found a tvcatchup file with a full colour cover

Where?

All I can say is the instructions above are exactly how I installed it - on Windows, admittedly, but I can't see why Android would be different...
i have found that repo exactley where you said and its says enabled but when i click on it its empty, how can that be?
Pages: 1 2