Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Flac audio
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just a quick question as I have been away for quite some time.
Is XBMC (Gotham) still going to require an external codec package for windows 7/8/8.1 or will mature beyond that with the new edition?

Thank you,
ice
Xbmc never needed or used any external codec pack. Ever
Really, then why was shark needed to play anything of quality such as flac or even many mkv's?

I just tried it again (this time without add codecs) and it plays none of my flac files
It's not needed at all. Also it plays all my FLAC flawless without any external junk installed
Then you are a god my friend, I just installed (again) and when I try library mode it tells me there are no files that support it and that removes party mode from the list period, so there is no randomization. You are using windows 7 correct?
I must also be a god Smile cause all my flacs play perfectly...
I know it isn't helpful and not to pile on but, yeh, we three gods, then.
Hey hey, there can't be that many gods you know Wink

Try playing them from the file menu. But seriously external codec packs are 200% useless and have zero impact on xbmc
Something must be screwed up on your system or you're doing something wrong, the ability to play just about every type of file out there is built into XBMC. To establish why you are having problems debug log_file (wiki) please.
well, i left xbmc last summer due to constant audio drop offs with frodo, went back to 11 and everything was fine, but then when going back up to frodo it constantly dropped off again, finally after a few weeks of tinkering I gave up. I just figured it was a codec issue since I installed shark and everything worked great. but once again shark was way to much of a hassle and I had always wanted a centralized DB to stream off my server. then I found one that works great but then I want my cake and to eat it as well (wanted music) so I figured I would give it a try, this time the same as before on a fresh win7 pro install..but no go..
i will get to a log when I have some time and post it, for now I'll just use the other system, it works.

Thanks and talk to ya shortly,
Ice
you obviously have something seriously wrong with your setup. instead of installing everything under the sun (which has no effect on XBMC), why don't you just start from scratch. Delete your current userdata folder and re-install either the most stable Frodo or a nightly?
Kneel before me for my XBMC plays all my flac up to 24/192 with no external CODECs. Although, I can't get flac-DTS to play Sad worked for awhile in the past)
(2014-02-23, 03:55)Syber7 Wrote: [ -> ]Kneel before me for my XBMC plays all my flac up to 24/192 with no external CODECs. Although, I can't get flac-DTS to play Sad worked for awhile in the past)

What version are you using? Try with a Gotham nightly build if you haven't already as if the flac-dts doesn't work with a nightly then it's something we can look into fixing.
@helta
Quote:this time the same as before on a fresh win7 pro install..but no go..

Nope still cant get it to work system specs are in my sig, but it is taking too much time, uninstalled and will wait for more time or another version I guess...oh well back to plex theater and MB3. I just thought this would be a great and inexpensve solution for many of my clients that want to integrate their HT systems, but most of these people want extremely easy and working out of the box.
It is extremely easy and should work out of the box, since it's not then either something you've done is seriously wrong or your PC is seriously messed up. This issue may have been sorted if you had linked to a debug log file as requested.
Pages: 1 2