Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMCbuntu live iso and VMWare Player
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi!

I have downloaded XBMCbuntu live iso ffrom XBMC site and trying to run mount and run in VMWare player. Works fine till login, Openbox desktop is visible. When I try to run XBMC, it crashes. Any idea what's wrong?

Mickail.
You need to enable openGL acceleration. But it will be dead slow anyway, as there won't be any real hardware acceleration.
(2014-02-21, 10:47)wsnipex Wrote: [ -> ]You need to enable openGL acceleration. But it will be dead slow anyway, as there won't be any real hardware acceleration.

Hardware acceleration works on Windows hosts with VMware Tools installed in the guest, other than that you're right.
oh really? hardware video decoding works?
I have checked and hardware acceleration is enabled, vmware tools are also installed. Any idea?
(2014-02-21, 13:11)wsnipex Wrote: [ -> ]oh really? hardware video decoding works?

I don't think that works, but at least the UI is not rendered on the CPU using llvmpipe.
I haven't tried it in a few versions but it usually works fine. In some versions I had to delete the guisettings.xml to make it fly.

EDIT: I do not talk about hw acc, I am talking about starting the gui for dev purposes.