Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Turn on "Debugging" without showing the display?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
How can I run "Debugging" without showing the display?
via advancedsettings.xml
Thank you teeedubb,

That is great, how could I do it?

Thanks again.
You can start by looking at the wiki, perhaps...

Advancedsettings.xml (wiki)
Many thanks Prof Yaffle,

Yes, I had done that already, but the new entry do not work the way I want:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <loglevel hide="false">1</loglevel> <!-- Normal logging, only logging errors (Default). -->
</advancedsettings>

I am missing anything, but what?
It clearly says in wiki.

-1 No logging, suppresses all log output
0 Normal logging, only logging errors (Default)
1 Debug logging (without showing text on screen)
2 Debug logging with freemem, fps and cpu usage shown on screen
3 Debug logging with freemem, fps and cpu usage and full smb logging
Thank you very much, uNiversal,

Yes, indeed, very clearly, but I cannot see what is wrong.

Thanks again.
I cant see anything either. You dont explain yourself well and you provide little info on anything like for instalce what you expect and what you getting and ironically a pastebin of debug log, perhpas even screenshots.
pastebin your advancedsettings.xml as well, please, just in case there's something screwed there.
Quote:I cant see anything either. You dont explain yourself well and you provide little info on anything like for instalce what you expect and what you getting and ironically a pastebin of debug log, perhpas even screenshots.
Very sorry for missing that. I expect, that the text / the information (CPU usage, Memory etc.) displayed when "Debugging" is turned on does not display (e.g. when watching a video). And I am getting the same display with the new added lines in the xml file like it was before, so the debugging information are displayed.

Thanks Prof Yaffle:
http://pastebin.com/N98bSyvy
The you need to start thinking either you have debug set in xbmc or you stumbled on a bug, and to properly report a bug on trac you need more information like debug logs, screenshots proper explanations and such.
or it is intended like that.
video is played on top of the GUI so it is perfectly normal that it doesn't show during video playback
Nope, he is saying that it still shows.
well i'm sure it is intended like that so why would it be a bug then.

you turned on debugging to show the stuff so you should expect it to show everywhere.
The wiki then is incorrect, though tbh I think its not doing it properly but it could be either way.

-1 No logging, suppresses all log output
0 Normal logging, only logging errors (Default)
1 Debug logging (without showing text on screen) <<----there says clearly enough No text onscreen)
2 Debug logging with freemem, fps and cpu usage shown on screen
3 Debug logging with freemem, fps and cpu usage and full smb logging

He wants to turn the onscreen debug information like fps, memnetc off, but still have debug log set. So either wiki is wrog or its not doing what it says.
Pages: 1 2 3