Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Spotlight - yet another Spotify add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
@Pomm - What version of Spotlight are you using? Are you using the latest one?
(2014-06-07, 22:42)solbero Wrote: [ -> ]@Pomm - What version of Spotlight are you using? Are you using the latest one?

I use 1.1.1. Didn't see the new version. Will give it a try.
Plugin is way better than spotymc but it isn't as integrated as spotyxbmc2.

I think Spotyxbmc2 is great because starred albums are added to the albums folder & the associated artists added to the Artists folder. Like a regular mp3 album would.
Are you working to allow this to happen in spotlight?

Please don't take this the wrong way. I appreciate all your efforts & the plugin is working well...
But, I'm not sure why a whole new plugin needed to be created... why not just improve spotyxbmc2, It already does more than this new plugin?
(2014-06-09, 23:27)MatLCFC Wrote: [ -> ]Plugin is way better than spotymc but it isn't as integrated as spotyxbmc2.

I think Spotyxbmc2 is great because starred albums are added to the albums folder & the associated artists added to the Artists folder. Like a regular mp3 album would.

Please don't take this the wrong way. I appreciate all your efforts & the plugin is working well...
But, I'm not sure why a whole new plugin needed to be created... why not just improve spotyxbmc2, It already does more than this new plugin?

Spotyxbmc2 did have great integration. I'd "star" one song from an artist and that artist would be added to the library... not just the one song but the whole discography.
(2014-06-09, 23:27)MatLCFC Wrote: [ -> ]Plugin is way better than spotymc but it isn't as integrated as spotyxbmc2.

One reason is that the other Spotify apps don't work for those running XBMC on the Boxee Box, such as I do. I've tried every app available, and Spotlight is the only one that will work.
Spotlight behaves weird if you directly open the playlists folder via script.skinshortcuts. It won't login to Spotify that way. Script.skinshortcuts is used in Aeon Nox 5 to populate the menu.
When you open Spotlight just as addon (ActivateWindow(10501,plugin://plugin.audio.spotlight,Return)) it's fine.

Is this caused by the way the plugin has to login when opening it for the first time?
(2014-06-09, 23:27)MatLCFC Wrote: [ -> ]But, I'm not sure why a whole new plugin needed to be created... why not just improve spotyxbmc2, It already does more than this new plugin?

Let's see.

Spotyxbmc is an abandoned(?) fork of XBMC that requires changes to the source code for its addon to function.
Spotlight is an addon that anyone can install on an official XBMC release.

Gee, what a terrible idea.
I'll try again... I would have thought adapting/updating existing code is easier than creating from scratch? You disagree. Fair enough!
Just seems crazy to have numerous plugins... none of them are better than spotyxbmc2 & yet that has been left to die. Seems strange to me. That's all!
(2014-06-11, 19:54)MatLCFC Wrote: [ -> ]I'll try again... I would have thought adapting/updating existing code is easier than creating from scratch? You disagree. Fair enough!
Just seems crazy to have numerous plugins... none of them are better than spotyxbmc2 & yet that has been left to die. Seems strange to me. That's all!

The only thing I miss from spotyxbmc2 is library integration, however, having to compile a modified version of xbmc was a pain in the ass.
(2014-06-12, 05:17)locoguano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-06-11, 19:54)MatLCFC Wrote: [ -> ]I'll try again... I would have thought adapting/updating existing code is easier than creating from scratch? You disagree. Fair enough!

The only thing I miss from spotyxbmc2 is library integration.

That's why it was such a great plugin... This one is good but is certainly not better YET!
Any changes being made to this addon or is everything just in homeostasis?
Although I have a stable internet connection, Spotlight has many problems to playback without any breaks on my RPi with OpenELEC....
Downloaded the latest 1.2 from bitbucket and entered my name and password and keep getting the following error:

NoneType object has no attribute 'add_callbacks'

Am running on Raspbmc 13.1 Gotham on Rpi...

Any ideas I would prefer to use spotlight...
Hi everyone,

Been looking for a stable app for spotify and this one seems the best.

Yet albums will stop playing music when the track changes, and it seems the song keeps playing but no sound comes out.

Not sure whats wrong here.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21