Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Spotlight - yet another Spotify add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
As soon as i start XBMC after a Spotlight install i get

Script Fail! Server_addon.py

running 12.2 XBMCbuntu on an Atom330/ion with the ACE skin

*Tried to download the zip again and install, no result.

Quote:ON Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IOError'>
Error Contents: (10, 'No child processes')
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/skibbe/.xbmc/addons/plugin.audio.spotlight/server_addon.py", line 22, in <module>
loader.load_all()
File "/home/skibbe/.xbmc/addons/plugin.audio.spotlight/spotlight/service/util/LibLoader.py", line 71, in load_al
self.add_native_libraries()
File "/home/skibbe/.xbmc/addons/plugin.audio.spotlight/spotlight/service/util/LibLoader.py", line 75, in add_nat
architecture = self.get_architecture()
File "/home/skibbe/.xbmc/addons/plugin.audio.spotlight/spotlight/service/util/LibLoader.py", line 91, in get_arc
architecture = platform.machine()
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/platform.py", line 1343, in machine
return uname()[4]
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/platform.py", line 1273, in uname
processor = _syscmd_uname('-p','')
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/platform.py", line 1030, in _syscmd_uname
rc = f.close()
IOError: (10, 'No child processes')
-->End of Python script error report<--

that was what i could find in the xbmc.log

/SKIBBE
do i need premium account for this to workHuh
Thanks for this add-on. Really like the native integration,similar to SpotyXBMC2. It's working pretty well (XBMC Gotham B3) but one of my playlists is not showing. I will look into that a bit later.
This addon is really great!

I hope the implementation of spotify right into the xbmc music library is possible. Maybe the new "Your music" section would fit for that (if it's possible to access it with libspotify) as it fits better to xbmc's artist/album/song sorting than the traditional spotify playlists.
(2014-04-14, 13:51)Dariusz Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for your feedback!

My initial idea was to create simple add-on that will have native XBMC experience. However, after the general positive reception I am going to develop it way further. Your suggestions will help me to identify the most demanded features. Things I that I know are possible and will be added are:

1. Top Lists
2. Star tracks
3. Playing offline tracks (but Download action from xbmc might not be possible)
4. Performance improvements - so far I've been not putting too much attention to it. This would involve better handling of large track sets etc.
5. Search giving results in form of categories: Artist, Album etc. or flat track list depending on configuration.
6. Some UX stuff like changing settings without restart.

Things I will need to investigate:

- Adding music to XBMC library. That's interesting but I haven't tried.
- Sorting - this is doable but I need to figure out the best way.

Things that will not or might not be possible, because of libspotify API limitation:

- Radio
- Browse

@timmen: Implementation of "Your Music" (Your Albums, Your artists, Your songs). Add songs,artists,albums to "Your Music" - this is interesting, this would be additional feature not covered by Spotify. Spotify gives only Playlists.
@EyeForcz: How many playlists do you have and what's the biggest number of tracks you have in a playlist? Do you think that adding paging (showing track 1-50, then 51-100 etc.) would be convenient?

Hi Driusz,

thanks for this great addon!
Finally I can use the regular OpenELEC builds and don't have to compile custom builds including spotyxbmc anymore!

For me the only feature that I miss is Radio!

So if the API allows it, it would be awesome to have this feature!
This is one sexy spotify plugin!

I needed to reboot my Raspbmc and after that load the "playlists" menu 2 times, but that's no issue for such a young plugin! For my playlists are main use of spotify, so just having that is enough for me. I can create them on my laptop and play them on XBMC. I also love its minimalism and how it's integrated in the system. Thanks a lot!

Just one simple feature request I would have is repeat and maybe shuffle.
Thanks!
I just found out Spotlight works directly from the iPhone app as well - that's so cool!
I'm having an issue with the playlists though. If I play the first track, it will just play the first track. (Not the entire list.) If I play the entire folder, or add the entire folder to the queue, it will shuffle the files. Which I find a little jarring since I'm used to listening to albums (that I have in playlists) in order.

I end up adding all tracks to the queue in order, one by one, before playing them.
Best spotify app around, thank you so much. Works great with my Raspberry Pi openElec install.

Only thing I wish could be improved, but don't think it is going to be possible, is the search function from an app like Yatse.

Again, thank you so much for creating this.
Excellent addon! Years better than spotibmc and spotyxbmc2.

I just did a fresh install of Gotham (final release) and added the Spotlight addon, and I notice that when browsing playlists the lists of tracks is formatted "Album - Track". I can't find a way to change this to "Artist - Track", which I had before (Frodo 12.1 + spotyxbmc).

Is this a Spotlight or Gotham issue? Any help is much appreciated!
Nice work!
But it seems that I can't get the 320 kB/s bitrate. The info screen in XBMC says only 1411 kb/s. And yes, I changed it in the settings to 320 :-)
Anybody else experiencing this problem?
Every now and again I get the: "incompatible types , LP_callbacks instance instead of LP_callbacks instance " error, when starting the addon.
Windows 8.1 Gotham Final (Spotlight 1.1.1)
I't hard to say when it will happen, but I'll post a debug log if I manage to get one.
@ErlendSB
It's no big help, but I have the same setup as you running the script fine.
So you can check Windows 8.1 and Gotham Final from your list :-)
Hi all!

I haven't read through the whole thread, but thanks for making this addon! Works like a charm - used it for 3 minutes now, ha - even with the fresh XBMC 13 using OpenELEC variant of it!

Just to add a tiny contribution to installation flow: your bitbucket page tells to restart XBMC having entered user credentials. Instead, I entered credentials, went back one menu level, disabled the addon, immideately re-enabled it, and boom it worked! Didn't have to restart XBMC for Spotify music.

Thanks again!
DariusZ, does this add-on comply with the libspotify API Terms of Use?
I have a feeling it doesn't - which would mean it would have to leave this forum and would not be able to be in our repo - but I might be wrong.

Edit: Interestingly I just noticed that they revised their Terms of Use - you might want to give Mikel Azkolain a shout out since he is now using a non-approved logo :/
It seems your usage may be actually allowed, but I am a bit hesistant about the logo, color and font requirement guidelines
Hello everyone,

I've just installed Spotlight 1.1.1 on Frodo. Spotify account is configured there. When I try to run the plugin the error message is displayed

Quote:[Error 111] Connection refused

And I can see in logs the following entries:

Code:
11:27:16 T:140020765685504  NOTICE: Thread Jobworker start, auto delete: true
11:27:16 T:140021245146880  NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
11:27:16 T:140021245146880  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--

11:28:06 T:140021592876928   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.audio.spotlight/
11:28:06 T:140021592876928   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.audio.spotlight/) failed
11:28:06 T:140021592876928 WARNING: GetLabel - Unknown nodetype requested 0
11:28:06 T:140021245146880 WARNING: Previous line repeats 1 times.
11:28:06 T:140021245146880  NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false

Any idea what's the problem and how to troubleshoot this?

Thank you!
K
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21