Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Intel NUC - Bay Trail (Celeron Generation CPU) - DN2820FYKH
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been using CT51264BF160B in my NUC for a couple weeks now. When I get home I'll tell it it's not compatible... Big Grin

http://www.crucial.com/store/partspecs.a...1264BF160B
(2014-03-10, 16:07)xbs08 Wrote: [ -> ]Crucial Memory Advisor Tool says this module is not compatible.
This part CT51264BF160B is not compatible.
View compatible parts for the DN2820FYK.

Can anyone confirm this??
I believe the reason for the CT51264BF160B not being on the list of compatible memory (there will always be much more working sticks than those on the list) - is due to some earlier intel nuc's with 2 slots have had issues running these as a set. Most reports indicated that either using just one stick, and/or manually setting up timing and voltage for the stick (for those nuc's supporting both 1.5v and 1.35v) - cleared the issue right up.

The CT51264BF160B is also double sided - I believe the CT51264BF160BJ is single sided. In extreme conditions, it might be a very tight fit for 2 overlapping slots.

I'm expecting delivery tomorrow, and I too have the CT51264BF160B lying ready. Can't imagine there being any real problem, but I'll let you know if so happens Wink
(2014-03-10, 18:37)Crssi Wrote: [ -> ]Expect the F2 entering BIOS problem resolution in forthcomming BIOS over next few weeks. Wink
Sounds great! May I ask your source of this? Smile
I have got forthcomming BIOS bits (in my case for haswell) from Intel to confirm F2 BIOS problem resolved. There is some cosmetics only to solve... or not... with this I mean the RED part of RGB channel is not passing only under BIOS in my environment, under OS everything is fine... so it should be no showstopper.

Do you have AVR between NUC and TV?
Good news. Don't really care even if BIOS was 320x240 polarized monocrome - function trumphs eye candy by far in this instance Wink

In regards to AVR - not really, for my bit - but many here do, most with no complaints. I myself have an older NAD AVR with no HDMI support, so I use an USB soundcard/DAC for S/PDIF. HDMI straight to TV.
I got this NUC a couple of weeks ago, but I'm having some issues. Win 8.1 doesn't seem to recognize my receiver properly. It is a Marrantz NR1403, which does have support for DTS-HD MA etc.

The graphics(&audio) driver should be the newest one from Intel:

The receiver display just says "MULTI IN" and not "DTS-HD MA" or "DD" etc. like it does when I use my BD player.

I have selected WASAPI as output method in XBMC. If I choose HDMI as output source it lags horribly, but if I go to "Analog" it seems to run "ok".

I'm fairly new to XBMC as you might have guessed, so any help would be much appreciated.
Screenshot of xbmc audio settings please.
I'll post that when I get home. Thanks.
(2014-03-11, 10:38)ozimek Wrote: [ -> ]I got this NUC a couple of weeks ago, but I'm having some issues. Win 8.1 doesn't seem to recognize my receiver properly. It is a Marrantz NR1403, which does have support for DTS-HD MA etc.

The problem is that Intel have so far failed to provide the required Intel Management Engine driver to get DTS-HD working on Windows, currently the only way to get DTS-HD is via the Linux OS with a distro such as Openelec.

If having this working on Windows is important to you complain at https://communities.intel.com/thread/481...0&tstart=0
(2014-03-11, 00:01)pr0xZen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-03-10, 16:07)xbs08 Wrote: [ -> ]Crucial Memory Advisor Tool says this module is not compatible.
View compatible parts for the DN2820FYK.

I believe the reason for the CT51264BF160B not being on the list of compatible memory (there will always be much more working sticks than those on the list) - is due to some earlier intel nuc's with 2 slots have had issues running these as a set. Most reports indicated that either using just one stick, and/or manually setting up timing and voltage for the stick (for those nuc's supporting both 1.5v and 1.35v) - cleared the issue right up.

The CT51264BF160B is also double sided - I believe the CT51264BF160BJ is single sided. In extreme conditions, it might be a very tight fit for 2 overlapping slots.

I'm expecting delivery tomorrow, and I too have the CT51264BF160B lying ready. Can't imagine there being any real problem, but I'll let you know if so happens Wink

Thank you!
(2014-03-11, 10:38)ozimek Wrote: [ -> ]The graphics(&audio) driver should be the newest one from Intel:
Have you tried with the drivers dated 02/20/2014 ? Smile

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_...h&lang=eng
(Not sure if linking works here, but if not you'll find them on the Intel site - just search for DN2820FYKH)

Edit: Ah, it seems this might be a larger issue. I do however, seem to have read some people getting HD audio in win8(.1) by making sure UEFI is enabled and Legacy is disabled, in BIOS: And some reported that this had to be set during OS install - changing it afterwards wouldn'y cut it...(?) I might be way off - but I do believe I read this. And likely here in this thread.
(2014-03-11, 14:58)pr0xZen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-03-11, 10:38)ozimek Wrote: [ -> ]The graphics(&audio) driver should be the newest one from Intel:
Have you tried with the drivers dated 02/20/2014 ? Smile

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_...h&lang=eng
(Not sure if linking works here, but if not you'll find them on the Intel site - just search for DN2820FYKH)

Edit: Ah, it seems this might be a larger issue. I do however, seem to have read some people getting HD audio in win8(.1) by making sure UEFI is enabled and Legacy is disabled, in BIOS: And some reported that this had to be set during OS install - changing it afterwards wouldn'y cut it...(?) I might be way off - but I do believe I read this. And likely here in this thread.
Think you maybe getting confused, there was an issue of people not getting any audio over HDMI with Win 8.1 in legacy mode and that is indeed resolved by having UEFI enabled, however there has been no case of either DTS-HD or TrueHD working on Windows due to the missing IME driver which is needed by a Intel & Windows combination for Protected Audio Path (PAP1.5) to work.
(2014-03-11, 10:50)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]Screenshot of xbmc audio settings please.

With these settings it works(i.e. I get some kind of surround), but with MULTI IN in the display:

With these settings (which I would have guessed were more correct) I get horrible lag (basically slow motion):
...and the AVR display says STEREO.
(2014-03-11, 10:56)jjd-uk Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-03-11, 10:38)ozimek Wrote: [ -> ]I got this NUC a couple of weeks ago, but I'm having some issues. Win 8.1 doesn't seem to recognize my receiver properly. It is a Marrantz NR1403, which does have support for DTS-HD MA etc.

The problem is that Intel have so far failed to provide the required Intel Management Engine driver to get DTS-HD working on Windows, currently the only way to get DTS-HD is via the Linux OS with a distro such as Openelec.

If having this working on Windows is important to you complain at https://communities.intel.com/thread/481...0&tstart=0
Thanks for digging that up! That seems to be the key. I just spent ages creating a profile for those forums to be able to join the nagging choir Wink
(2014-03-11, 15:47)jjd-uk Wrote: [ -> ]Think you maybe getting confused, there was an issue of people not getting any audio over HDMI with Win 8.1 in legacy mode and that is indeed resolved by having UEFI enabled, however there has been no case of either DTS-HD or TrueHD working on Windows due to the missing IME driver which is needed by a Intel & Windows combination for Protected Audio Path (PAP1.5) to work.

I believe you might very well be right. My bad,

Just finished initial install of Win 8.1pro and XBMC - no issues with CT51264BF160B, and no custom settings needed. (Bios v25)
(2014-03-09, 12:16)xbs08 Wrote: [ -> ]After reading the long thread still haven't find how the DN2820 compared to the 1007U?
Anyone that used both can help?
Perf. level little bit higher than Celeron 847- at least with Windows as for today.
Check CpuBenchmark website for numbers. If budget allows, I'd stick to i3 one or Haswell Celeron based if such appears (there will be Asus Chromebox based on it soon). DN2820 is really Atom.