Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Intel NUC - Bay Trail (Celeron Generation CPU) - DN2820FYKH
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Try suspend instead of shutdown.
(2014-04-08, 23:05)xbs08 Wrote: [ -> ]Try suspend instead of shutdown.

Sometimes during shutdown it will trigger a CPU heat sensor whatever and you need to switch it off.

On the other hand, the new build works fine. Had to make a clean build, because the pm_async value somehow stuck at 1, but after a full rebuild a suspend works like a charm.
Thanks, the pm_async trick fixed my only complaint with OpenElec on the NUC. Suspends and wakes up perfectly every time now, I tested it 30+ times to be sure.
Anyone having troubles shutting it down?
If I select shutdown, it usually freeze, but sometimes only XBMC gets killed and then reloaded right away...

Matej
Not having this issue.
Is that a USB or ssd install?

Beta 5 includes the suspend fix, no need to manually change it anymore.
It's a SSD install...

I'm currently not using suspend since Watchdog doesnt want to work when coming back from resume(I get the notice network shares are not available).

Matej
Soon to come - the new line of "low-end" NUCs from intel looks to be Celeron N2830, Celeron N2930 and Pentium N3530. Both celeron are indicated for tray price ~$107 (same as the N2820), the Pentium ~$160. Both support DDR3L-1333. Both are QuickSync and WiDi enabled.

Interesting differences on the two Celerons:
The N2830 has a clock speed of 2.16 GHz, can boost up to 2.41 GHz.

The N2930 has a clock speed of 1.83 GHz, can boost to 2.16GHz.

The N2930 is quad core, the N2830 is dual core,. N2930 has double the ammount of L1 and L2 cache compared to the N2830.
Interesting upgrade.
Would be interesting if they can make yadif Deinterlacing
I don't know, Intel needs to improve their supply chain. The 2820 has been completely sold out since its initial run with no vendors having a clue whats going on with replenishment stock. The 2930 has been a paper product so far, all they're saying is Q1 '14 and who knows how many units it will be. I'm glad I got one of these when I could because I know several people who had a very frustrating wait and still no units in hand.
(2014-04-10, 15:51)pr0xZen Wrote: [ -> ]Soon to come - the new line of "low-end" NUCs from intel looks to be Celeron N2830, Celeron N2930 and Pentium N3530. Both celeron are indicated for tray price ~$107 (same as the N2820), the Pentium ~$160. Both support DDR3L-1333. Both are QuickSync and WiDi enabled.

Interesting differences on the two Celerons:
The N2830 has a clock speed of 2.16 GHz, can boost up to 2.41 GHz.

The N2930 has a clock speed of 1.83 GHz, can boost to 2.16GHz.

The N2930 is quad core, the N2830 is dual core,. N2930 has double the ammount of L1 and L2 cache compared to the N2830.

Nice but atm intel is not even able to produce enough NUCs to deliver the current Gen Worldwide. Here in Austria the one with Celeron N2820 isnt available since last year...
Guess I was one of the lucky ones to get it in Portugal Smile
@John.cord: buy it in Slovenia. Wink
I got mine in Slovenia without problemsSmile
Hi Crssi/levak, could you please told me where you buy in Slovenia? I ordered one month ago in Germany but they're delaying shipping every week.