Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Intel NUC - Bay Trail (Celeron Generation CPU) - DN2820FYKH
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-05-14, 11:37)xbs08 Wrote: [ -> ]It's NOT about DN2820 in general.

It's about XBMC software on Intel NUC DN2820 hardware.

To run XBMC on the Intel NUC DN2820 you need OE/Win/Linux and most likely an up-to-date BIOS.

Don't search for tolerant forums, search for VLC forums.

Ok, I try that.
I have another problem, I am not sure if I dare to ask in this thread, could relate to another thread: When I want to listen to music (in XBMC of course) there is no sound?! I have to change the audio output device in system device settings to a different device and back again - afterwards the music-playback works fine until I have watched a video, then I have to do it all over again to hear music (mp3/wav/flac). The NUC is connected to an Denon AVR-2812 AV-Reciever via HDMI.
(2014-05-07, 13:09)pjtpjt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-05-07, 12:20)SgtSlaughter Wrote: [ -> ]Why does the XBMC team need one? They are too busy insulting me and my grammar.

Insulting you? You started complaining about your NUC on 23rd January (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1608533), and disregarded since every solution you were offered.
Again: At least try to fix it.There is no point in complaining, if you don't even try to fix it. But if you did try all suggested fixes, then I really don't understand why are you clinging to it so much. Then it's faulty, have it replaced.

Everybody's out of solutions, those solutions that fixed it for everybody else. Either you are doing something wrong, or you were the unlucky one, who got a bad one, either way, there's nothing left anybody here can do any more.

Something in my BIOS settings was corrupt. I finally got my NUC working after I removed the security jumper and reset everything. I blame it on the factory UEFI revision 15.
Upgrading the BIOS 32 and clearing everything to default fixed my issues. I finally got Windows 7 running and it all looks good. The Intel windows 7 driver pack works very good.

UEFI revision 32 is very nice. Intel did a good job with all the different boot options.

My Gateway KE1936 is not the problem either. In-fact Acer still sells monitors under that brand name.

For the most part Intel support chat was helpful. The representative tried to tell me my ram wasn't supported. (it was listed on the Intel tested list.)
http://www.intel.com/support/motherboard...034588.htm
The support representative also eluded to the fact you shouldn't upgrade from revision 15 straight to revision 32.

I still think the 2830 will be better. Net net I would buy the 2820 again now that I am seeing the improvements on the Intel support website and very good windows 7/ Linux support.
(2014-05-14, 14:57)SgtSlaughter Wrote: [ -> ]The support representative also eluded to the fact you shouldn't upgrade from revision 15 straight to revision 32.

That'd be a good tip for the Wiki.
(2014-05-14, 14:57)SgtSlaughter Wrote: [ -> ]Upgrading the BIOS 32 and clearing everything to default fixed my issues. I finally got Windows 7 running and it all looks good. The Intel windows 7 driver pack works very good.

I'm happy it worked. Now you can have fun with it at least.
Xbox 360 media remote (black) arrived today.. holy hell that thing is a game changer!

Upgraded my Apple Tv2 to the Nuc for a total of under £120 (And i havent sold the atv2 yet!), and it is running flawlessly.
Anyone else having troubles rebooting NUC from XMMC?
If I go to Power -> Reboot, it just freezes and hangs. NUC is fully responsive and I can ssh to it.

If I execute 'reboot' from ssh terminal, it reboots instantly.

Anyone having the same troubles?
Any solution?

Matej
Log?
I'm always having troubles with logs...

Do I need to enable debug in Settings-System-Debug?
Where are logs saved? In \\xmbc\Logfiles folder?

MAtej
Hi jetpac what buttons work? is it just the basics (up, down, left, right, play, pause etc) or do ones like info, codec info and context menu work? I have a harmony 300 but setup as wmc xbmc it only has limited buttons so I currently still use the flirc dongle.
(2014-05-14, 22:47)grimfandango Wrote: [ -> ]Hi jetpac what buttons work? is it just the basics (up, down, left, right, play, pause etc) or do ones like info, codec info and context menu work? I have a harmony 300 but setup as wmc xbmc it only has limited buttons so I currently still use the flirc dongle.

Yep lots of functionality, Menu works as it should, Disp brings up context menu, info brings up info etc etc
Added bonus of programming to tv as well so the input change button works alongside the xmbc functions.

works right out of the box aswell with the built in IR sensor (bios 32 and latest openelec build), no need to do anything... add batteries and go!

picked it up on ebay for £7 or so. Very happy!
Thanks Jetpac you have just sold it to me. I needed a new remote as I stole the flirc and harmony from the ouya.
How do you stop a playing video/music with that remote?
Without using the OSD that is... can't see a stop button.
Can I use XBox 360 controller as remote for XBMC with NUC? I've used it before and its very nice for fast scrolling in long lists using the thumb triggers. But I'm not sure if the Xbox button will work or how it will get mapped.
@MrCrispy
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Xbo...Controller

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=159561

You can SMS Jump with a remote directly to a letter on long lists (faster than scrolling Smile).
e.g. 2=ABC 3=DEF etc
(2014-05-15, 00:09)Jetpac Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-05-14, 22:47)grimfandango Wrote: [ -> ]Hi jetpac what buttons work? is it just the basics (up, down, left, right, play, pause etc) or do ones like info, codec info and context menu work? I have a harmony 300 but setup as wmc xbmc it only has limited buttons so I currently still use the flirc dongle.

Yep lots of functionality, Menu works as it should, Disp brings up context menu, info brings up info etc etc
Added bonus of programming to tv as well so the input change button works alongside the xmbc functions.

works right out of the box aswell with the built in IR sensor (bios 32 and latest openelec build), no need to do anything... add batteries and go!

picked it up on ebay for £7 or so. Very happy!

Was this new or used? Thanks