Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Intel NUC - Bay Trail (Celeron Generation CPU) - DN2820FYKH
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So it sounds like DTS-MA and Dolby TrueHD bitstreaming are still not working on windows 8.1? Ive seen the thread on intel forums, seems we are still waiting for MEI driver or some other thing to enable it. But openelec is OK proving the hardware in the baytrail NUC is capable.

What about windows 7 and bitstreaming HD audio, any success there?
(2014-05-14, 22:47)grimfandango Wrote: [ -> ]I have a harmony 300 but setup as wmc xbmc it only has limited buttons so I currently still use the flirc dongle.

Why do you think it is limited? I'm using 2x 300's and a 600 to control my 2820 running oE 4.0.

Works perfectly setup as MCE remotes. Full IR control including powering on/off.
I also have a 300 and it works just fine.
It was just the info button and a few others were not working, but if it is all down to user error then I will hopefully get it sorted. I have just tried updating to the new Openelec but it still does not work on the old Hitachi so I will have to reinstall beta 2 first. Thanks for the info (and saving me a few pounds).
(2014-05-15, 11:48)Mark142 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-05-15, 00:09)Jetpac Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-05-14, 22:47)grimfandango Wrote: [ -> ]Hi jetpac what buttons work? is it just the basics (up, down, left, right, play, pause etc) or do ones like info, codec info and context menu work? I have a harmony 300 but setup as wmc xbmc it only has limited buttons so I currently still use the flirc dongle.

Yep lots of functionality, Menu works as it should, Disp brings up context menu, info brings up info etc etc
Added bonus of programming to tv as well so the input change button works alongside the xmbc functions.

works right out of the box aswell with the built in IR sensor (bios 32 and latest openelec build), no need to do anything... add batteries and go!

picked it up on ebay for £7 or so. Very happy!

Was this new or used? Thanks

That was used from a seller who had a few... came in almost new shape!
Okay. Anyone up to offering some help troubleshooting a couple of issues? I am running Ubuntu 14.04 with the 3.14-rc4 kernel. My whole system freezes every couple of days (I l4eave it running as a file server / torrent server) requiring a hard restart with the power button. I'm not sure where to start trying to troubleshoot this problem; I have run linux on old laptops as DIY file servers and had uptimes of weeks or months.

Secondly, I have a Harmony One remote which by and large works really well. I would love to set up the touch screen with some button shortcuits - the main one being a shortcut to the profile chooser. The problem is I have no idea how to do this. IRW detects all of the usual hardware button keypresses, such as play, pause, the numbers, etc. but does not detect any of the "special" buttons, such as guide or exit, or anything programmed into a touchscreen button. The remote is set up as a Microsoft Windows MCR remote in the Harmony software. I am at a loss how to proceed from this either,

(2014-05-14, 21:22)levak Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone else having troubles rebooting NUC from XMMC?
If I go to Power -> Reboot, it just freezes and hangs. NUC is fully responsive and I can ssh to it.

If I execute 'reboot' from ssh terminal, it reboots instantly.

Anyone having the same troubles?
Any solution?

Matej

Yes, i have the same problem. I've never really looked into it though because my box stays running 24/7.
Hi,
as a newbie just three questions:
a) is it worth to wait for N2830 CPU, or will you go even for the present version that is available at this moment? I just moved to new house and my old working PC running HTPC SW is too far for cables, so thinking about the standalone HTPC and don't want to wait Smile

b) in case of running XBMC on OpenElec - are there any problems with DTS-HD passthrough, or this issue is just on Win?

c) Is there any other issue that I should count with in case of HDMI connection to AVR and TV and OpenELEC?
Thanks. One more thing, even it is offtopic
Let's suppose I want to play MKV file in 1080p and DTS-HD audiostream on this NUC. Is it possible to play it from some shared disc what runs in other PC (running W7, 6core, all on gigabit LAN)?
Which NAS will be enough for streaming this kind of bitrate without problems?
Hi all, I'm looking for a new HCTP solution to run XBMC. I've a ION 330HT Win7 (too fan noise!) and a raspberry (Internet browser missing). I want a flexible platform as the ION 300HT and silent as the raspberry. After thousands of post read, I'm focused on NUC DN2820FYKH, odroid U3 or Intel J1800/J1900. About NUC DN2820FYKH could someone confirm these points:
- With the proper Bios setting is very silent (no audible fan noise)
- XBMC manage 1080p with no drop frames (even with no Intel Quick Sync support)

No matter of OS, I can use everything suggested.

Someone have some info about J1800/J1900 xbmc support. I can't find any good thread to understand if xbmc manage 1080p videos with this architecture.
Many thanks in advance for any answeer.

Franco.
(2014-05-16, 15:24)capo56 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks. One more thing, even it is offtopic
Let's suppose I want to play MKV file in 1080p and DTS-HD audiostream on this NUC. Is it possible to play it from some shared disc what runs in other PC (running W7, 6core, all on gigabit LAN)?

Yes.
Thanks xbs08.
What is the difference in poweron time between SSD and regular HDD? Just wondering if is it worth to buy SSD and run all the content from shared disk on PC until buying NAS, or to have some content directly on NUC internal HDD (then I would go for 0,5TB or 1TB)...
Can't say about HDD vs. SSD but OE boots in 28 sec from a USB 3.0 and 20 secs from SSD.
Wake from suspend is instant from SSD. Suspend has been disabled by default in USB installs on OE 4.0.

(2014-05-16, 15:35)Kiraly Wrote: [ -> ]About NUC DN2820FYKH could someone confirm these points:
- With the proper Bios setting is very silent (no audible fan noise)
- XBMC manage 1080p with no drop frames (even with no Intel Quick Sync support)

- It's already pretty silent with default 40% fan speed +/-3000rpm.
It can turned down and even disabled.
- If by 1080p you mean regular MKV/MP4 releases then yes
Hi,

As many of you I'm interested on one cheap device to connect it to the TV.

When it comes to XBMC I would use it most of the time to connect it to my externals HD and play SD, 720p and 1080p movies, but also to watch Sopcast streams with a bitrate of 3000-4000kbps.

But I ocasionally (offtopic) I would use it also to browse youtube and few other websites. So my question is... NUC or Fire TV?

thanks in advance
FireTV has no external drive support at present, but you can use NAS. Also I don't know how Sopcast will work, is it via XBMC addon? On NUC you can pretty much do anything, its just a pc. Answer depends on your budget etc.