Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XPR, Texture File
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
what do you use to build a xpr file for skinning?

sorry if stupid question..
if you look in the cvs there is source code to compile a tool that will take a directory of images and compress it into a xpr file.

i myself would love to see whats in the cvs xpr file, when i do a run of the images in the skin the xpr file only comes up to @ 8 meg... how it is 21 i will never know i guess. but to my knowledge there is no similar tool to decompress/expand a xpr file. i have been of the mind that perhaps the existing xpr is much like the cvs and might contain imagery which was used for the older skins and could use a recycling to minimize it and keep it current but without knowing its exact content i cant very well do that.
the textures.xpr in cvs is usually always uptodate. what this means it contains all the gfx in in the media/ folder
my remarks were made from am observation. if you compile the texture tool and add the media graphics in the skins media folder to create a xpr file it comes out to be only @ 7 meg.

if what is in the xpr is current and "only" whats in the media folder then its alot of overbloating to make it 3 times the size of the images in the folder. to my knowledge, and no i havent watched and waited and studied it) the xpr file has never gone anywhere but up in size reguardless of skin alterations which would indicate parts of pm1 and possibly 2 are still in there. nothing wrong with it, but if its not part of the "stock" package it really shouldnt be needed.
xpr in cvs is made using -quality high switch

try that and see if size still differ 3 times