Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Watch Status on TV show wrong - Changes won't save
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am trying to change the watch status on a tv show. I'm using an SQL backend for the library DB.
I have deleted the show from within XBMC as well as from the DB but when ever it is re-added the watch status reverts back to the wrong status', i.e. season 1 - 4 are watched and season 5 & 6 are unwatched.
Any ideas on what I am doing wrong.
When deleted did where you prompted to remove items form library, and if so and presuming you said yes, did you run cleanlibrary after that?

And try to ensure other machines arent accessing same db at same time, so one is not overriding the other.
Why all the deleting when you can just mark the show as unwatched from the context menu or by pressing 'w' on it?
I'm deleting them from the library because when I invert the watch status it doesn't save after I restart xbmc.
My other media player is off at the time of setting the watch status. Setting watch status' on other shows and movies works fine over by media players and on the DB.
Does anyone have any other suggestions I can try
I'm guessing you mean MySQL? At this point I think we'll need a debug log (wiki) of when you attempt to set watched or unwatched on a video.
No log file just yet though I have more findings:
I removed the TV show, cleaned the library on both systems (Android and Win8) and then checked the Db to see the show had been removed and it was.
I then re-updated the library on 1 machine (Win8) and the show added, and stayed completely unwatched.
As soon as the other machine (Android) updated the library it added the show and updated the watch status to the incorrect status.
I then updated the Android Device to the newest firmware and this wiped the device - no big deal. I then readded the Db to the device via the advancedsettings.xml. Same thing, updated the watch status to the incorrect Db.
I am now moving the entire TV show out of the TV DIR, cleaning the library on both devices before I copy them back hopefully tricking XBMC into thinking they are new files. I have removed all files not *.mp4.
(while XWMM is cool, I am unable to set the watch status on any tv show or movie)
Cheers!
You don't have importwatchedstate set in your advancedsettings.xml do you?
(2014-03-03, 00:34)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]You don't have importwatchedstate set in your advancedsettings.xml do you?

I do.
Does this need to be removed from the advancedsettings ??
Well if there are NFO's with watched statuses on them enabling this will import those statuses.
Some more findings - I've turned on Debugging - my gosh there is a lot of data to go through when you have a CEC adapter.
I have my tv watching scrobbling to Trak.tv and noticed this inside the log. I then logged into my account and saw that the watch status was exactly the same as on XBMC. I removed the tv show from the library and cleaned the library. I then set the watch status on my Trak.tv account to the correct status'. I readded the TV show and monitored the trak.tv account and the watch status went back to the incorrect setting again and updated trak.tv to the wrong status.
Any ideas?
If I'm pasting my Log File how much of it do you actually need?
You are not pasting your log here!

You are uploading your full log to xbmclogs.com or pastebin.com and pasting a link to it here.

Most likely Hitcher is right though. The android device has importwatchedstate set so scanning with that device will import the watchedstate from the NFO files you created when exporting.