Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Sorting music into sets ( like you can on movies)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I know XBMC is geared towards video media, which I think it's got down to a tee.
But 1 request I'd like to bring to the table is the ability to group music albums into sets. ( this option is available in films, so when you are browsing your movie covers if its' "alien collection, you will not see 4 movies, just a cover for one that you then can go into)
I have over 800 albums ( customized my main music button to take me to albums, just would like to group all similar albums ( e.g all albums from Ministry of sound, or all albums from Metallica, into one cover that i can choose to go into if I so require) what's people's thoughts on how hard or easy would it be to get this setup in music ( also would it be a general music amendment or something I would have to ask for in what ever skin sub forum i was using?)

thanks for any replies
I'd use it.
Plus one on that.... especially when I get my Complete Beethoven box set ripped...88 cd's!!!
Big + from me.
I think it would make a nice addition to xbmc.
But i think it would be hard to scrape music collection information.

Maybe it would be easy to support music collections by .nfo files?
(same syntax as movie collections)
+1
Hopefully some1 does it in "Kodi" Wink

duplicate of http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=174153
+1 from my side! on both threads! Big Grin
Is metalllica not solved in artist view? And in the meantime for ministry of sound albums could you set album artist to 'MINISTRY OF SOUND' and then they would be grouped in artists view.? Not what you want but how would you want to display effectively a merge of artists view and say a new record label view as one uniformed view?
I really like this idea. I have close to 500GB of music.