Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Any Ouya experts ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm new to the Ouya and android (last week) and bought it to specifically run XBMC that I currently run on an ATV2 and RPi.

I've got XBMC autobooting on the Ouya and have set up a flirc to be able to use my Samsung TV remote with XBMC.

However, when I press a key on the remote it acknowledges as if it's been pressed a whole host of times (sometime up to 15). i.e. if I want to move down one in a movie list, it'll skip down 10 times or if I press a key on the onscreen keyboard it'll type it 10 times.

At first I thought it was the flirc playing up but it does exactly the same on a mini bluetooth keyboard I have and also the Ouya controller itself.

Am I missing something and is there a 'tick in a box' I'm missing on XBMC or something ?

I'm not 100% if it does this on the main Ouya menu but will check that tonight.

Anything to help me stop this would be great as I'm loving the Ouya at the moment but this is killing it for me.
ouyaforum.com is this official ouya site, lots of good ouya info there...
I'm registered and tried to post on there several times but keeps saying my messge is less than 2 characters, try again.

Even though its pretty much a copy of the above message Smile

I'll try again later.
I found this if it helps.
https://flirc.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/artic...-Keys-Sent

I'm not sure it will help if your having the same problem with the OUYA controller but I thought I'd post it anyway.
It could be an OUYA issue. The other day I noticed this happening with the OUYA controller itself, but now I can't replicate the issue. There is a repeat-key setting for FLIRC, so it could even be a combination of the two. Right now all is working just fine for me on my OUYA, both with BT controller and with FLIRC.
Thanks Guys. I'm going to reformat (or whatever it's called on the Ouya) tonight, root the ouya this time and reinstall SPMC and I'll try the key repeat setting in Flirc and see if that helps me.
I reset to factory settings, rooted, installed everything from scratch (SPMC, etc) made the change in Flirc (changed the number to 3 from 6) and all seems great with no multiple key presses as yet Smile

Thanks for the help all.

Whilst I'm on.... Does anybody use / recommend the Mele F10 Pro controller. I like the looks of it and was wondering what it's like with XMBC and the Ouya - Also where to buy in Canada !

Cheers
(2014-02-28, 14:38)Animal Wrote: [ -> ]Whilst I'm on.... Does anybody use / recommend the Mele F10 Pro controller. I like the looks of it and was wondering what it's like with XMBC and the Ouya - Also where to buy in Canada !
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=169117
(2014-02-28, 16:29)Hedda Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-02-28, 14:38)Animal Wrote: [ -> ]Whilst I'm on.... Does anybody use / recommend the Mele F10 Pro controller. I like the looks of it and was wondering what it's like with XMBC and the Ouya - Also where to buy in Canada !
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=169117

Dealxtreme has free shipping to Canada but is out of stock. I'll keep an eye on the site though - Thanks