Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: DXVA2 on Radeon HD5450
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I googled few days now and still cannot find the reason why my XBMC is not using hw acceleration - when I press 'O' key, there is always plain software codec, never -dxva2. My processor can handle 720p but 1080p is losing frames. Is it old graphic card? Incorrect XBMC settings? ATI driver?

If you have any experience in this, can you please check my debug logs if you find something obvious I cannot see?
debug log

Your help is very much appreciated! Thank you, I am getting desperate.

Solved: Caused by Hyper-V, see my last post for details.
Your HD5450 should be fine, make sure you have an updated driver. It looks like you may have some audio issues so I suggest you go over your settings with this link in mind. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=146911 and it looks like you could use and update to the latest stable Frodo 12.3 Get back to this link if that isn't the charm.
(2014-02-27, 00:35)saxicek Wrote: [ -> ]I googled few days now and still cannot find the reason why my XBMC is not using hw acceleration - when I press 'O' key, there is always plain software codec, never -dxva2. My processor can handle 720p but 1080p is losing frames. Is it old graphic card? Incorrect XBMC settings? ATI driver?
If you have not update the latest driver for your HD5450, you can download it from here- AMD Driver Autodetect. You need to enable "Allow hardware acceleration (DXVA2)" and select "Auto detect" as Render method in XBMC system/settings/video/playback as shown below.

Thanks for your help, but I am still at the same issue. Video is not accelerated. I went through the audio setting as suggested by PatK, changed audio output to WASAPI, updated to latest release 12.3, verified I have the latest driver as suggested by bluray but still have the same issue - video is not accelerated by DXVA2. Uploaded new debug log where you can see that plain ff-h264 is used (line 1038). Any other ideas?

Following is screenshot of DXVA Checker which suggests that my card does not support DXVA2?

I'm gonna go out on a limb, but isn't that showing the exact opposite?, that it does.
(2014-03-11, 01:37)steelman1991 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm gonna go out on a limb, but isn't that showing the exact opposite?, that it does.

I'm not sure. It does not show SD / HD / FHD on the right as in DXVA Checker page. But I just noticed that there is the same graphic card model, so not sure why I am getting different results.
My HD5450 is working fine with almost every drivers. Nothing special in settings. The only thing that never get accerelated is those hi10P (10bit anime)
(2014-03-11, 09:35)oldpoem Wrote: [ -> ]My HD5450 is working fine with almost every drivers. Nothing special in settings. The only thing that never get accerelated is those hi10P (10bit anime)

Are you using HDMI pass-through audio? Wondering whether error on line 1085 has something to do with sample rate incompatibility on line 1088. I don't really understand what specifically is incompatible. :-(
(2014-03-11, 12:16)saxicek Wrote: [ -> ]Are you using HDMI pass-through audio? Wondering whether error on line 1085 has something to do with sample rate incompatibility on line 1088. I don't really understand what specifically is incompatible. :-(

Nope.I'm using direct input to tv.
Your card is working fine. I had a 5450 and it can accelerate everything but MPEG2.
(2014-03-13, 06:20)StinDaWg Wrote: [ -> ]Your card is working fine. I had a 5450 and it can accelerate everything but MPEG2.

Same here. It's a great and cheap card and I don't use MPEG2 but my CPU can handle that file type if required.
So can you guys (StinDaWg, Piers, oldpoem) see the ff-h264-dxva2 when playing? Are you using Win8, HDMI pass-through audio? Can you paste a debug log so that I can check for differences? It seems that my card is using Pixel Shaders for acceleration but I think that DXVA2 is something different (I am not expert).
I'll post a screenshot of something playing... hold on

There you go

Windows 8, HDMI WASAPI, Gotham nightly, rest in sig.

screenshot of DXVA results

Screenshot of settings on Gotham nightly

Further screenshot of settings

Hope all of the above can help you get proper playback Smile
Can you please check your video acceleration settings in DXVA Checker (Ctrl+V)? I have following:

Is it missing something?
Pages: 1 2