Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: G-Box Midnight MX2 or OnceAll MX Google Android 4.2 Dual-Core?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I ordered the Gbox MX2 from Amazon and after almost 10 days I received the package today but instead of the MX2 they sent me the OnceAll MX http://www.amazon.ca/OnceAll-Google-Andr...=adroid+mx is there any major difference between the two? I paid $109 for it. I really don't feel like sending it back and waiting another 10 days for them to send me the GBox.
Looks like the same thing.

*shrug*
Yes pretty much except for the main screen menu All the specs are the same
I'm having the same issue with MyGica which I returned. Soon as I turn the power off to the box when I boot it up it loses some settings. Is there a firmware upgrade that would fix this? Also on the Android settings how do you get the Network Time option to work? Mine always starts at 5:00AM
Why do people buy this crappy box? There are so many great boxes out there and people choose a company who provides no support and makes cheap boxes with cheap components.

I like allot of boxes gbox and mx 2 not one of them
They are all the same. Ready to be disposed after a year or so. I think the only way to go is to build your own HTPC.
If you're paying $100 for an android box you might as well go with a Bay Trail NUC, unless you want all the Android apps.
Way to expensive. And I have had my atv2 like 5 years now and it still runs great. Doesn't do 1080 p but it works and since no TV eps are in 1080p works for me
(2014-03-02, 05:10)ilovemymac Wrote: [ -> ]Way to expensive. And I have had my atv2 like 5 years now and it still runs great. Doesn't do 1080 p but it works and since no TV eps are in 1080p works for me

I believe most Blurays for newer series have TV episodes in 1080p. Working with an x86 platform is less hassle in general if you have to update or change it.
(2014-03-02, 05:10)nooryani84 Wrote: [ -> ]If you're paying $100 for an android box you might as well go with a Bay Trail NUC, unless you want all the Android apps.
That's over $140 bare bones then you still have to purchase more just to make it work. I have given thought to a Mac mini for my home theater. Just depends. I can get a good used one for decent