Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: OnceAll MX Google Android 4.2 Dual-Core Video Glitches
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm still troubleshooting that new box I received yesterday the OnceAll MX Google Android 4.2 Dual-Core. Whatever I playback either Netflix or XBMC I get glitches in the picture maybe every 10 seconds or so. It looks like a jump frame and it's very annoying. What could cause this? I'll try to get a new HDMI cable usually the ones that comes with a unit are of the lowest grade but I'm afraid it's the GPU processor.
Search for the box on freaktab.com or a similar site and see if there are alternative Android ROMs (installs) that you can try. Often these companies will ship with "okay" ROMs that have bugs here and there, so sometimes you have to find a community made ROM that is actually more stable. Typically speaking, if somethings wrong with the GPU or other internal part, it will be an all-or-nothing deal. This sounds more like a software glitch, but that is just a guess.
You're saying to flash the ROMs?
Yes.
i'm totally mew at this!!! Is there a guide somewhere with steps by steps?

Also is rooting the same as flashing?
Flashing is basically reinstalling everything, like reinstalling Windows or reformatting a drive. Rooting is different, and is something that just gives you more access to the system, but doesn't require reinstalling (though some ROMs can come already rooted).

Search for your Android device on a site like freaktab.com and they'll have a guide on how to flash it. I think this is an AMLogic box, and flashing it is a little easier than some other boxes, so you are in luck.
Great thanks for your help!!!!
(2014-02-28, 05:45)audiotek Wrote: [ -> ]I'm still troubleshooting that new box I received yesterday the OnceAll MX Google Android 4.2 Dual-Core. Whatever I playback either Netflix or XBMC I get glitches in the picture maybe every 10 seconds or so. It looks like a jump frame and it's very annoying. What could cause this? I'll try to get a new HDMI cable usually the ones that comes with a unit are of the lowest grade but I'm afraid it's the GPU processor.

I think I know what you're desrcibing, I've seen it on a couple different android devices running xbmc. The pictures seems to glitch and repeat a frame, especially during panning, making it look as if it 'jumps'. I solved it by updating a few library files; not sure what would be the solution for an amlogic SoC but on Rockchip updated libstagefright.so files solved the problem.
wish following link is useful for you
model no IPTV 18 PRO, version 20131223 or 20131122
http://www.acemax.net.cn/en/shownews.asp?id=126
I bought a better quality HDMI cable and that fixed the video glitches on XBMC and Youtube video quality is seamless but I still have the glitches on Netflix!!!! I know this is a XBMC forum but I wonder why I get video glitches only when I playback from netflix. Would there be a Netflix setting somewhere on that box?
I would ask in the Netflix-addon thread.
I have a Cyclone nano slim plus (1gig) and need some help installing new software,,,,
apologies for contacting you. I bought one of these (sorry but not off of you) I was going to but i got one for a great price all working and basically new with xbmc and some android package i think....BUT, been trying to upgrade it and now i only get a android screen with Root sytem; apply update (*img) wipe data and so on.
I've been trying for 2 weeks now and cant find anything....Would you happen to know where or do you have a easy start guide. I am going off my head here ...read loads of xbmc pages and so on...but to no help.....so I am chancing my arm and asking here for some help........thanks for any help at all....a link or a file would be fantastic...
IP
(2014-02-28, 05:45)audiotek Wrote: [ -> ]I'm still troubleshooting that new box I received yesterday the OnceAll MX Google Android 4.2 Dual-Core. Whatever I playback either Netflix or XBMC I get glitches in the picture maybe every 10 seconds or so. It looks like a jump frame and it's very annoying. What could cause this? I'll try to get a new HDMI cable usually the ones that comes with a unit are of the lowest grade but I'm afraid it's the GPU processor.

Hi
did you get your glitches fixed ?
How in that case!
cheers
IP
No I still have some glitches even with XBMC I'm building a HTPC so that crappy little box will end up in the kitchen so my daughter can watch her cartoons. I'm sure she won't mind the glitches!!!!