Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: This Vidon thing is very intriguing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Today I got my Intel NUC D34010WYK up and running under Windows 8.1 but i might trash that install and go with Minty Linux instead as i gave my $40 Windows 8 key to a friend thinking i would never use it ... meh, long story ...

Anyway, the other aspect of this thing is my theater room pre-pro has no HDMI (outlaw audio) and the NUC has no optical output. So i might have to throw the NUC into my HDMI matrix switch and feed it to the house under Control4.

So that leaves the theater empty again. And i have to say, if it is true what they are showing at Vidon.me I would be a fool to buy anything else. Blu-Ray ISO Huh? really??

it just seems to good to be true! Has anyone ordered one? got one? seen one?

... please don't make me the first Big Grin
~steve

p.s.: i know this is my first post. i know what some of might be thinking and it's not true ... i don't know crap about these vidonians ... i just love XBMC and have for a long time. i just never had to to involve myself here before and frankly never needed much support with it.
I personally don't feel vidon.me has proven themselves yet from the feedback (or lack of feedback) from users. It could very well be the greatest thing since sliced bread, but I wouldn't bet on it.

If the goal is to just get a second HTPC then I would go with another NUC, considering they have one that starts barebones (but with wifi/bluetooth, IR, and power adapter) for about $135. If the goal is to just get something working in your theater room then I would get a cheap $5-15 USB to optical converter box.
Thanks Ned.

Ya, that was my original plan ... USB to Optical for the i3 in the theater and a celeron NUC for the matrix.

IF nobody else bellies up with first hand info on the Vidon box i might have to step up as the guinea pig.
~steve
Hi, all. This is Wolly from VidOn.me. We have our own forum to discuss the box. http://forum.vidon.me So if you have any question, please go post on our forum, we'll try our best to help you.