Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Samsung S3 Wo't detect WorkGroup on SMB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good day,

I just want to ask, why is my Samsung Galaxy S3 won't detect my WorkGroup on SMB network? I provided an image of my S3.

All of my other Apple devices are working and streaming smoothly...

So there's nothing wrong with my network...

Thanks! Cheers!
Having the same issue, Nexus 10... worked yesterday, today I restored my tablet (4.4.2) and installed XBMC. I can see my Workgroup and share folders using an app like Astro File Manager, but XBMC won't display it.
SAMBA, which XBMC uses as its internal SMB client, sometimes doesn't always play nicely with true SMB implementations (Windows) or even other SMB implementations. Mainly just with the NetBIOS names and being able to browse them. They will almost always still work if you manually enter an IP address.
I found an XBMC backup I made with the backup add-on, restored just the basics (I wanted to rebuild the db thumbs) and my two share drives show up and work... very weird since when I first installed XBMC on my Nexus a month ago, it detected and worked just fine. :S
It can be very finicky. I think it can also be affected by XBMC's SMB settings (XBMC -> Settings -> Services -> SMB) for what name you give your SMB workgroup as.