Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: My Videos Title view takes long time to open
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
it seems like the last couple builds have a pronounced delay when opening my videos in title view.  at first i thought it was just me, but my wife mentioned last night that it "sure takes a while for it to open after you click on my videos".  i timed it and it takes between 7-9 seconds for it to open.  i currently have 248 movies in the db.  i have only added 3-5 more since i noticed the delay a couple weeks ago so unless i just surpassed some magical number for ideal db size, nothing has really changed much on my end to cause this problem.

i am running 3-12-2006 t3ch build, but also noticed it on the 3-6-2006 t3ch build.

can anyone else confirm this?

quite a few things have changed recently, so it may well be inefficient.

i suspect the inefficiencies come from the database lookup(s).

cheers,
jonathan
that or possibly the overlays
fyi. the 3-20-2006 t3ch build still has this long delay.
i'm noticing the same delay here. i thought it just might be on my end too though because immediately after updating to 2006-03-12 i added about 100 more movies to my database from a smb share (226 in total now).

it has not only slowed down when initially entering into the title view but also when just going into the detailed movie information for a certain title and than exiting back out.

i'm also on 2006-03-20 t3ch now with the same delay. anyone with significantly less movies in the database experiencing it?
the 3-23-2006 t3ch build still has the delay. the delay seems to affect anything reading from the db as it is also very slow when switching between all movies, watched, and unwatched. i am timing dealy upt o 11 seconds sometimes.

i have also noticed some delays while scrolling through movies in title view. sometimes the screen will crawl (for lack of a better word) up/down the screen for a second. this always coincides with audible hard drive acvtivity within the xbox. in fact there seems to be an awful lot of hard drive activity while in title even when not scrolling through titles.
the delays scrolling should be fixed, as should the constant harddisk activity.

i'm still investigating the speed of the db lookups - have to fill the db up a bit more.

cheers,
jonathan
thanks for looking into this.. it does look like the video .db is enefficient for myself its taking 4 minutes to load and the actor view just shows a black page and locks up, saying files have not been scanned or something to that effect (which is probably a memory issue) i have a video .db about 928 kb. the only way i found to correct this is to delete the save.
the 2-22 build loads the title view around 15-20 seconds while starting with the 3-06 build its been taking 4 -5 minutes thanks again for looking into this jonathan :thumbsup: