Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: jittery play back
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
sound and video stutter/jittery. using samsung sm-t320. upgraded from GT-P6210.
Are you using a nightly build (wiki) (ARM)?
just the download from xbmc web site for android. I thought it was an issue with kitkat or the tablet it self.
The normal v12 build doesn't have hardware video decoding enabled for most devices. Try this build: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/releases/android...bi-v7a.apk
It worked the sound is no longer jittery. Thank you very much
Last week I picked up the Note Pro 12.2 SM-P900 and I'm getting problems with MediaCodex being enabled Green screen or unwatchable content but audio is fine. So I decided to try the new software decoding so I turned off both H/W accel modules off and have been using the software ever since and I've not had a problem, it plays SD, 720p and 1080p content and audio great.
I've also got the note 10.1 2012 and using MC H/W accel module causes the same problem, so to me there is something in these tabs that don't work well with Media Codex as LibStageFright works great on both of these tabs.
If anybody wants to look into this just let me know so I can supply any info requried.
iechyd da
@sheepybach Sure, shoot a log.
Koying,
Screenshot and Log from My Samsung Note 10.1 2014 using Gotham beta with MediaCodex enabled only. Tab running JB 4.3. My Note Pro the same setup but with KK 4.4.2
Hope this is of some help is sorting this out, If you need/want anything else give me a shout

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=146743

@sheepybach Mind testing this one with mediacodec: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/andr...bi-v7a.apk

Beware it is a master build, i.e. version 14 alpha. Be sure to know how to force re-installation of Gotham v13 before installing Wink
Obviously de-install + install always works.
Koying,
np at all I'll do a fresh install and get back to you.
Installed and doing testing.
iechyd da
Koying,
OK here is 2 screenshots from my Note 10.1 2014 running the link in your post (#9)

This is from Note Pro running Gotham Beta build. Both only had MediaCodec enabled

I forgot to do any logs if you want them I'll reproduce the above again.
iechyd da
Sorry, could you clarify?
Screen #1 is Note 10.1 using the test build and is ok, right?
Screen #2 is Note Pro (= other device, I guess. I'm not familiar with the myriad samsung devices Smile ) with official beta, right?

Did you try Note Pro + test build?
If it doesn't work, a log would be welcome, just to see which component (so not necessary with the issue).
The issue is clearly that the codec is lying regarding stride/slice-height (= actual Width/height of a frame).
Koying,
Sorry my Friend my bad, I'm u/s on times.
Screen 1 is Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Tablet running your test build and it plays ok

Screen 2 is Samsung Galaxy NotePro 12.2 running Gotham Beta 10th March Nightly and does not play ok as you can see.

No I have not run your test bill on the NotePro yet as I wanted you to see the above. I'll download and install it l8r this afternoon and post the results back here
Koying,
Sorry for the delay in replying. OK installed the master build onto SG NotePro 12.2 Tablet and after running no end of content in 720p & 1080p I've not been able to reproduce the green screen or anything else as the content has played perfectly with MediaCodec only enabled.
Please let me know if you want me to do anything else.
iechyd da
Thanks. Could you please still share any playing log, to be sure of the component which is used?
Pages: 1 2 3