Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Syncing Databases from Linux install to raspbmc install
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just installed raspbmc on my pi and I'm wanting to sync the libraries with my htpc running a linux install with mysql already configured and running. The problem I'm having is the linux install is running 13-alpha11 and the pi is 12.2 dec042013. Is it safe for me to downgrade my htpc to 12.2 without damaging anything? Or maybe there's a better way to achieve this?

Thanks.
Just use a RaspBMC nightly build. The speed improvements for the Pi are amazing in the Gotham builds.

As for your actual question, it won't work downgrading like that unless you export your library and re-import it once on v12.
I'll try a Gotham build tonight. As for the syncing.. I might just abandon it if it's too much trouble. Thanks
Well, you can also use UPnP/Share (wiki), which will do most of what you need, and it doesn't matter which versions of XBMC you mix and match.
I updated to Gotham dated 20131223 and it turns out that's 13-alpha11 so it's synched and working great. Awesome. For some reason there are no newer nightlies than that though.. is that normal?
For Raspbmc? Not sure. I do know there are some test builds in the Raspberry Pi sub-forum for Raspbmc: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=176043