Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: CNET plugin errors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For some time now I've been getting errors when using the CNET podcasts add-on. I'm running XBMC on a Raspberry PI so I'm not sure if this is a Raspberry PI issue, a CNET add-on issue or just a problem with the CNET website.

When I run the add-on it plays the first video fine, but when I then try and play the next video in the list it will usually fail to play and display an error message saying that the video didn't play. A second attempt to play the video will also usually fail, but this time it will display no error message, it just doesn't do anything except show the busy sign for a short while. On the third attempt the video will usually play fine, but when I move to the next video in the list I get the same sequence of problems start all over again.

This sequence only happens on CNET podcasts and it makes no difference which CNET podcast I'm playing. It maybe a problem with the traffic to the CNET website but I'm confused as to why the third attempt usually works. If it was a traffic issue then it would be reasonable to expect it to be random which attempt would work.

I'm happy to try and produce some log files if someone can tell me how to do this. I assume there is an option to turn logging on but given that it is a Raspberry PI I've no idea how I would then transfer any logs to this website.
I have not had any problems playing videos with the CNET plugin. I use a RPi model B with an Edimax wifi-n usb. I have noticed that last night the CNET plugin would not load any programs into the library. I confirmed that this was not limited to the RPi as I have the same issue with the high-end windows PC.
I too have the same issue.
CNET plugin not working on XBMC on PC or RPi.
When I open it the list is blank.

Is this a plugin issue or CNET issue ?
Hi can anyone else report if CNET plugin is down or broken for them in XBMC.

Not working on PI or PC.
This thread is not about the CNET plug-in not working at all. It is about a very specific problem with the CNET plug-in. If you do a search you will find that I raised a separate thread about it no longer working at all and a number of people have stated on that thread that they are having the same problem. Please use that thread to add any comments about it not working instead of diverting this thread from it's intended purpose. Thank you.