Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV-Show scaper not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there!

I have some problems with my XBMC tv-scapers. After setting up XBMC with a video folder "D:\Data\Series\" and scanning for content - I only get a single TV show out - and it is the wrong one.
The paths of the series is:
"D:\Data\Series\NCIS Season 1-8 Complete HDTV\NCIS Season 7 Episodes 1-24 Complete\"
and the name of the episodes are:
"NCIS S07E01 HDTV" - avi's
As far as i can tell it is alright according to this
The series i get from the scaper is "X (T.V. series)"
Im using the standard TVDB as scaper

Can you Guys help me out?
Two points:

1. That folder name is not what the page you linked to says is alright:
Quote:To ensure accurate matches for your TV shows, the folder names should match the title displayed on the site being scraped.
"NCIS Season 1-8 Complete HDTV" is not the title of that show.

2. The show "X (T.V. series)" pops up when either you've set the content one folder too high (in your case on the D:\Data\ folder), or you've checked the "Selected folder contains a single TV show" option when setting the content.
Either will cause the "Series" folder to be interpreted as the TV show (with "X (T.V. series)" being the best fit returned by the scraper).

You need to rename your show folder, and either edit the source folder to point to the right location, or change the content so it doesn't think it's just one show.
Moved them into a folder called NCIS - and all worked Smile - Thank you!

Is there any possiblities that DVD versions of a series can work with scapers?
with file names like S01D1 (season 1 disc 1)
Without editing the filename to include the episode numbers?
Since there are usually multiple dvd variants around and this info is not collected anywhere, no.
If the first dvd has, say, 3 episodes, name it S01E01E02E03