Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [SOLVED] No 3D UI?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I thought a big feature of Gotham was that while viewing 3D movies, the UI would be in 3D also. However, I played a 3D movie last night and paused it and the UI was all weird just like in Frodo. I switched to Confluence thinking maybe I had to use the default skin but got the same thing. Am I missing something?
Due to the lack of responses, am I doing something wrong? I have tried "ask" and "auto" options for the 3D support and neither works. The TV recognizes the SBS and plays the movie in 3D but if I pause, the UI is not in 3D as was lead to believe from the new features. I do see an option to put the UI in SBS 3D mode but I'm not wearing my glasses unless I watch a 3D movie. Is this something that's just maybe not working in Beta 1 and I should try nightlies?
What does it say in

Settings >Video >Playback

under

Disable stereoscopic mode when playback is stopped.

Read what the description says when you highlight that setting --> and make sure is not checked.

beta1 and nightlies? you mean master branch instead of Gotham beta nigtlies? There isnt much of any difference in code atm except for the tags (beta1, beta2, alpha1)
I'll check that when I get home uNiversal, first thing. I'm confused by the nomenclature. I thought the beta was just a milestone of the nightly builds, so on a particular night a bu might be fixed.
Ok disable stereoscopic mode when stopped was turned on so I turned it off, payed a 3D movie, and paused and the UI is still in 2D (unusable).

EDIT: let me ask this. I have my 3d movies named such as Avatar(2009).3dbd and my skin recognizes it and gives itv3D bluray case art. The SBS picture displays for a couple seconds before my TV recognizes it and kicks in to 3D. Do I need to rename the file to something like 3dsbs so that XBMC goes into 3D without relying on the TV to go go into 3D mode?
Is my naming convention of movie (year).3dbd.mkv correct? It works for my skin to give proper cases. However given that when I play a 3D MKV and it stays SBS until the TV converts it makes me think that maybe XBMC is not doing the 3D and that's why no 3D GUI. Do I have to change something to make XBMC tender the 3D instead of the TV? I just used DVDFab to rip by 3D movies to MKV and select the highest resolution I can in the advanced settings.
Dont confuse flags in filename like 3D and BD with any advanced capability to do anything else but display some gfx for a cover and bd flag in a skin. Media_flags (wiki) is what is used here to display various things like cover and BD related art.

The settings description says, not all TV's are able to detect the switch straight away or able to switch modes like that.

Again read what the setting says when you highlight the setting Disable stereoscopic mode when playback is stopped.
I've tried it with that toggle both ways and my UI is not 3D either way. All I'm doing is pausing the movie to see if the UI is in 3D and I can see things like the option to play the 3D in 2D. It's working exactly like Frodo did.
This wouldn't have anything to do with full screen or full screen window would it by chance?
Well I got it to sort of work. I changed from full screen window to full screen and now the UI is 3D. The problem now is I have a side by side screen and both sides appear to be squished together full frames of the movie in 3D.
I dont use 3D or Windows, juts wanted to point you in some direction as the wiki docs are thin, but here is a suggestion, start producing screenshots because honestly without its a trying to guess what something looks like when you never seen it.
I solved it and made a new thread so that maybe I can help some others if they are having issues. Thanks for all your input.